terrox

nightime servers?

after having taken a long break from dayz i decided to get back into it a little. And the first thing i noticed is that there are many more servers with different settings. And alot of different timezones.

And i want to play at night so i live in gmt +1/2 and entered a gmt/utc +1/2 server at midnight but it was broad daylight. On some servers the clock is at correct time but its still bright. So is every server bugged or have they turned back the clock 12 hrs?

Its really frustrating joining over 10 servers which are suppost to be dark but arent, and even harder to find a non 3:d person one.

The only dark one i found was a AZ server, but it was almost empty and had 300 ping. So, where are the night servers?

ya the scrubs dont like to play in night server so they are ruining it for everyone else and taking away a huge part of the game

ya the scrubs dont like to play in night server so they are ruining it for everyone else and taking away a huge part of the game

I'd rather sleep than play at night... hell playing at night is just as dark as turning my damn monitor off.... still.

I'd rather sleep than play at night... hell playing at night is just as dark as turning my damn monitor off.... still.

What i mean even if you maybe play like 18:00 and live in gmt+1 and join like a gmt +6 server its still bright. When the clock should be midnight 00:00 and dark.

This, and it sucks, should have the servers locked to local time to force people to learn/adapt how to play in the dark imo.

I wouldn't mind if they had a few servers that were offset 12 hrs, for people that can only play at night and would like play in the daylight. but as it is there's no rhyme or reason to it. I seldom play on a server that has the correct time

Night time is the right time!! The server I play on clears out right when nightfall hits, maybe about 3-4 players tops. Then it is just straight free for all loots and stockpile of supplies. Sure sometimes I come across the guy server hopping to the low population server...most of the time they end up Alt F4'ing when you toss a flare into their direction (blinds those with NVG's).

Stary during night. Flare up the Northern Hillside over looking tents and loot away. You can see everything in the tents AND you can see the dudes server hopping in :) Still a big risk, but can be worthwhile. I honestly love playing on my server during the night.

I prefer playing at night, it's just recently there has been no moon. As a result it's unlrealisticly dark (pitch black).

I spent a good proportion of my child hood on a farm, I can assure you on a night with no moon/heavily overcast you can still see fine once your eyes adjust properly.

I want to play at night more!!!!!

All servers are "night servers" for several hours each day. Keep looking.

Not necessarily always true, I've played on more than one server that restarts when its getting dark in order to roll back the time and get a few more hours of daylight, much to my frustration.

It's because it's too fucking dark. Even if you end up being stupid enough to walk around with a flare, you still can't see shit.

Not true. Admins roll back the time on their servers quite frequently. A majority of servers probably don't even have a full night/day cycle ever.

Nope. Many of them crash or restart randomly, screwing the night/day cycle up the pipe.

Nope. Many of them crash or restart randomly' date=' screwing the night/day cycle up the pipe.

[/quote']

I guess this is the main reason why i cant find night servers; even when they should be night.