I've played DayZ for a while now (since 1.6) and up until now I've been a peaceful solo survivor. It's been fun, but something bothers me. When I get killed by a bandit(s) who have lured me into an ambush, out manoeuvred me or outsmarted me I always think "that was well played, and I bet he had fun with that one..."

...more fun than I have. Hiding from other people isn't great fun, it feels too much like a singleplayer game. So I have decided to turn to banditry. I want to try my hand at outdoing some people.

Not all player-killers are what I'd call bandits, though. Some are just paranoid, others are pricks who will kill anyone for the "laugh" of it. So here is my bandit oath!

----------

I shall not kill any unarmed player. Unless they're bringing Zeds my way or something.

I shall leave victims alive where appropriate. I have a mic, if people listen and give me what I need then I will leave them with what I don't. The nervous "face the wall and drop your gun!" will be fun!

I shall not kill anyone needlessly. You walk past me with a makarov and small pack and don't notice me? I probably won't gain much from killing you. I don't get a laugh just from pissing people off.

I shall disconnect in the woods. Spawning for an advantage is cheap. And spawning inadvertantly near someone is awkward. Even just a self defence kill in this situation feels lame.

I shall maintain some level of honour! If someone helps me, I won't kill them. Even if they have something I want.

----------

Feel free to call me a pansy or something. I realise this isn't everyone's style. It's not a complaint about anyone else's style either, this is a sandbox game.

I'm looking forward to using my primaries in anger!

Add your own vows!

Hunting people is so much fun.

you should try it out.

just stalk them until you get a good chance to put em down.

----------

I shall not kill any unarmed player. Unless they're bringing Zeds my way or something.

I shall leave victims bleeding to death and/or being eaten

I shall not kill anyone needlessly. You are 50m me with a makarov and small pack and don't notice me? I probably won't gain much from killing you. I don't get a laugh just from pissing people off.

I shall disconnect in the woods. Spawning for an advantage is cheap. And spawning inadvertantly near someone is awkward. Even just a self defence kill in this situation feels lame.

I shall maintain some level of honour! If someone helps me' date=' I won't kill them. unless they have food/water that i really need.

----------

[/quote']

changed up yours, that's how i roll

The only rule I abide by as a bandit is that anyone who has not laid eyes upon me, and are not close to my point of interest may pass by me oblivious and unmolested.

There's something offensive about being seen by another player that I can't place a finger on, even if it's an unarmed player happening to spot me roaming the countryside, I turn around and murder them.

Though sometimes the player IS the point of interest, and will not be able to escape me as I swiftly snuff out their souls and pick through their corpses.

amen.! good code. i usually am very paranoid so if i see a survivor and he hasn't seen me ( im sneaky in the extreme so they usually don't) illl usually survey them in a period of 2 seconds. if their headed away ill leave them be. maby a few potshots to keep them on their toes. but if their headed towards me in any way. their done. my basic motto is leave no loose ends. if they see me they may find a gun in the next building and hunt me. therfore armed or unarmed their ass is grass. if they have a gun i wait till their standing still. every target will hold still. even if for only 3-4 seconds. i leap at that moment and plant the headshot. its ruthless and i usually walk away feeling extremely bad but i can steel myself for the moment whenever its needed. if i run across the new players i walk with them and talk for a while. teach them most of what i know. i always end with "also if you ever see a survivor with a gun... dont trust them." i pop one into their head ( dont kill them) i use my sidearm. just knocks then unconscious. i transfuse them and bandage them and walk away. their in full health and simetimes if im feeling nice i plant a gun in their pack and walk away. i generally dont care about killing players and guns etc arnt my goal. vehicle parts are my goal. i repair and stash vehicles and tip off players as to where they are. :) i enjoy making others happe. if im not doing that im riding the hookerbus. i travel up and down the coast picking up new guys and taking them where they want ^_^

You should get banned for killing unarmed players. Ultra retarded.