Yeung-Jin

The Ultimate Zombie Apocalypse Weapon

Some of you might recognize this nifty little gun from MGS4, the AWC Amphibian. Integrally suppressed, this handgun is the quietest suppressed weapon I've ever seen, I'd say the sound is comparable to a paintball gun, if not quieter. The barrel is ported to shave velocity off of non-subsonic rounds, so any round fired through the gun will not create the sonic snap.

It comes in .22 caliber, the most plentiful type of ammunition in the world, and possibly the best caliber for scrambling brains with a headshot. Just thought I'd share, Whaddya think? Anyone else think they can one up it?

Here's a youtube link of someone firing one, check out how insanely quiet it is

EDIT: To all those saying that this weapon has no place doing anything other than hunting small game, take this into consideration. The Navy Seals have been using this weapon and it's previous iterations for over 30 years.

I don't know if you know this but .22 is NOT the best round for scrambling brains. In fact, if you're not pretty close there is a decent chance it may not even penetrate a skull.

.22 is good for killing rabbits, not people.

.22 is way to weak to get a headshot on more then 10 meters, at least not human skulls

also, my axe is waaay better

Are you guys serious? A .22 round will puncture a skull at any range you would be shooting with a handgun. Any amount of research will tell you that, I don't know where you guys get your info, but you're dead wrong. A .22 round will enter the skull but it's unlikely that it will exit, letting the slug bounce around inside. Hence, scrambled brains. It's disheartening to see people so misinformed about firearms. .22s aren't damn BBs.

Are you guys serious? A .22 round will puncture a skull at any range you would be shooting with a handgun. Any amount of research will tell you that' date=' I don't know where you guys get your info, but you're dead wrong. A .22 round will enter the skull but will not exit, letting the slug bounce around inside. Hence, scrambled brains. It's disheartening to see people so misinformed about firearms. .22s aren't damn BBs.

[/quote']

If it's so deadly and awesome then why don't law enforcement or the military use it? You can't even take a concealed carry class using a .22 handgun because it is not a viable self defense round. You go right ahead and bounce around the internet to differing firearms sites or even go into a gun store and start spouting how awsome .22 would be for defense, see how that goes for ya.

I'm not saying it won't penetrate at all, but it has shit range, even for a handgun and the bullets are almost always straight lead which blows dick for penetrating characteristics.

Are you guys serious? A .22 round will puncture a skull at any range you would be shooting with a handgun. Any amount of research will tell you that' date=' I don't know where you guys get your info, but you're dead wrong. A .22 round will enter the skull but will not exit, letting the slug bounce around inside. Hence, scrambled brains. It's disheartening to see people so misinformed about firearms. .22s aren't damn BBs.

[/quote']

If it's so deadly and awesome then why don't law enforcement or the military use it? You can't even take a concealed carry class using a .22 handgun because it is not a viable self defense round. You go right ahead and bounce around the internet to differing firearms sites or even go into a gun store and start spouting how awsome .22 would be for defense, see how that goes for ya.

I'm not saying it won't penetrate at all, but it has shit range, even for a handgun and the bullets are almost always straight lead which blows dick for penetrating characteristics.

Chill out. I know for a fact that people conceal carry .22s. When I took my conceal carry course in Louisiana, there were two women there both with .22s. That being said, I never argued that it is the best caliber for self defense. I'm only talking about a post-apocalyptic scenario where:

1. Ammo would be scarce, and this wouldn't be an issue with a .22. $12 at wal-mart gets you 500 rounds.

2. Zombies won't be shooting back. You don't need to be 75+ meters away taking pot-shots with a handgun.

I don't even own any .22 caliber guns. I'm just saying It'd be really nice to have that Ruger for zombies. If you want to argue about what caliber round is the best for self defense, then this isn't the place to do it. Also when's the last time a cop or soldier fought zombies while stranded alone in russia?

both .22lr and .22 short will puncture the skull at the range of a handgun. you guys are dumb.

I said there was a chance, and there is. I speak mainly of it being an terrible choice for killing anything other then small game.

The best .22 caliber weapon would be the Ruger 10/22 anyway. Better range, better penetration, high capacity mags available, scopes, lasers etc.

Oh, and PvtHopscotch, the Navy Seals use this very weapon currently. Do you think they're using to terminate rabbits threatening the United States?

.22 was the caliber of choice for mob executions for a long time. Small quiet guns, and great for head shots. At close range they have more than enough energy to enter the skull, but not enough to break through the other side in most cases. This would in fact cause it to bounce around tearing apart more of the brain.

They have very little stopping power so for anything other than a head shot they are worthless on any target larger than rabbits and squirrels. But with enough accuracy a .22 can be pretty damn deadly.

"The suppressed Mk II is used by United States Navy SEALs and pest control officers.This variant is considerably quieter than a standard Mk II and accurate to 70 m (230 ft)."

I think that gun would kick ass in a zombie apocalypse, considering Ammo is everywhere, and you can use it to hunt zombies as well as game. Anyway, if it could only kill small game as everybody here seems to say, why the hell do the Navy SEALs use it?

If it's good enough for Snake it's good enough for me!

[/quote']

.22LR isn't used for self defense, law enforcement, or military use because it doesn't penetrate well. You couldn't take someone out through a barrier, or someone with armor using .22.