Sign in to follow this  
ogdabou

Beta Update

Anyone able to help me and tell me where the files need to be extracted too?

cheers:)

Open the .zip there's an installer, of course you have to run the beta after you install it. It's a separate executable, so you have the stable update and the beta update at the same time.

you don't need the txt files anywhere those can go in the trash unless you care about what they have to say.

Sorry to sound thick but im not really understanding what you mean?:huh:

i extracted the zip and put the builder in the @dayz addons folder and it's coming up as 100% complete but still no joy

In the zip file, run the installer. When it's @ 100% press OK.

In your base arma2/OA folder, you will see the shortcut "Launch ARMA2 OA Beta Patch". This is the shortcut you want to run.

I run the retail version and this is how my path looks: "C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\Expansion\beta\arma2oa.exe" -beta=Expansion\beta;Expansion\beta\Expansion -nosplash -skipIntro -maxMem=2047 -maxVRAM=2047 -mod=@dayz -cpuCount=4 -exThreads=7 -world=empty

Ok did what you said urbanfox. Now i am getting "you cannot play this mission deleted.chernaurus etc when trying to join a server :-/

just checking the six updater and in game manager it says i have the latest beta patch installed as well as the previous one both in red writing?

3 hours of trying and still no joy. anyone at all?