Mojo (DayZ)

Another Chicago 1!

So, thanks for all the donations! All our regulars tell us we're the best, because they're giant suck-ups (not that there's anything wrong with that). Thanks to the donations we received, we were able to roll off another Chicago server.

Confusingly, this server is also called Chicago 1. But why? Well, we lost the contiguous namespace. And that wasn't really acceptable to us. Why be Chicago 10 when we're the original Chicago? Pfft.

The easiest thing to do was iteration namespace. Protect our brand. Protect our reputation. Let everybody know this new server is the genuine Chicago experience. L@@K!:

LvAoM.jpg

Chicago 1 -- the original server -- is now called Chicago 1 Original. That makes it easy to tell! The second server is Chicago 1 Blues, in recognition of the fact that Chicago basically gave birth to rock'n'roll by turning Delta blues electric. And I like rock and roll. And you guys are, you know, pretty rock and roll for getting that second server up so fast.

There were load balancing issues, and they've been fixed! Wow! The two servers will never, ever touch each other on the cores. Thanks to everybody who weathered the nasty storm of horrible Windows 2008 being horrible. I love you all, and admire your bravery.

So' date=' thanks for all the donations! All our regulars tell us we're the best, because they're giant suck-ups (not that there's anything wrong with that).[/quote']

Wait, a server that only goes down with plenty of warning from the admin and plenty of time to get your ass to safety and save your stuff (except for the rare crash that gets addressed quickly), a server that doesn't have questionable players protected by a clan tag, a server that is centrally located and isn't run off of a machine older than ArmA 2 itself, and a server with a bunch of regulars that aren't douchebags and will help new players?

Totally just sucking up, right? :dodgy:

Your server is the best.

afc.gif

I'll have to try out your server tonight. I got sick of all the bandit tards on Chicago 6 last night. Couldn't do anything on that server, time of day was so badly de-synced, bandits camping all the towns near the shore, and loot spawns we're bugged.

Right now the server may or may not be having an issue with some kiddie hacker that fucked everyone over several hours ago. Unfortunately, Mojo went to sleep between then and now and the other admin is also currently MIA. Both server instances are currently down, though should be up again tonight with mucho admin presence to make sure no shit hits the proverbial fan.

Mojooooo Chi 1 is down right nao, Chicago 1 is the only server that ever works. ME NEEDS.

Nevermind! I just noticed they're up now, yesssssss.

Edit: Did you turn third person off on both of the servers? Just wondering. xD

Servers are indeed back up. Mojo's auto-reset script that will reboot the server instances if they crash was haulin' ass too fast, so a new instance would be made before the old one disappeared. They would just keep doubling up, and the server couldn't handle it.

It's all good. The time delay is now 15 seconds instead of 3, which seems to work just fine. Servers should now constantly remain up with absolutely minimal downtime.

Servers are indeed back up. Mojo's auto-reset script that will reboot the server instances if they crash was haulin' ass too fast' date=' so a new instance would be made before the old one disappeared. They would just keep doubling up, and the server couldn't handle it.[/quote']

I've said it before and I'll say it again.

Mojo: Bad at administrating.

What Mac says is spot-on. Server Admin 101 is give your programs enough time to fail. Basically the programs would recover so fast that the OS thought the ports for the server were still in use. So, if the game on port 2302 went down, the program hadn't fail-safed completely, and the next iteration would come up on 2327 (the next port in line after 2314, which is used by the other server), even if the ports were forced in the command line. Problem was, a port like 2327 is, well, not there for arma2oaserver.exe to use, seeing as I've declared myself God-Emperor of Chicago 1 and have to be an absolute control freak.

So the server was there, and FireDaemon was happy because it was running the service it was supposed to run, but that service was alone and frightened in a tiny box it couldn't escape from.

Opening up the service start-up time means the program has time to fail fully and offload all its resource usage before attempting to use those resources again.

Oh god, I love this server but I just got absolutely reamed on it.

Packed up my tent to move it a few meters further into the trees, leaving the contents on the ground in the meantime.. and I get session lost.

Lost M240, M136, M24, M14 AIM, 3 GPS and other assorted goodies.

Mojo plz send me nudes as compensation I am very sad.

Been on your server once or twice I love that you guys are in Chi-town, but I don't know about you but I tend to go to work during the day. Any chance that you'll flip your clock a bit to make day happen at night?

Oh god' date=' I love this server but I just got absolutely reamed on it.

Packed up my tent to move it a few meters further into the trees, leaving the contents on the ground in the meantime.. and I get session lost.

Lost M240, M136, M24, M14 AIM, 3 GPS and other assorted goodies.

Mojo plz send me nudes as compensation I am very sad.

[/quote']

Yeah man no problem:

1YLuk.gif

Been on your server once or twice I love that you guys are in Chi-town' date=' but I don't know about you but I tend to go to work during the day. Any chance that you'll flip your clock a bit to make day happen at night?

[/quote']

If we set up another box (ie: another 2-3 servers), it will very likely be a Zulu +12 server.

You let me know the second you set that up.

And if you need help getting gear lemme know. I'm an IT reseller. PM me.

That being said... How does one go about finding these Zulu +12 type servers?