Xodus (DayZ)

Cant see direct communication chat

Hey i got a bug that i cant see people writing in direct communication chat, and it breaks the whole game experience for me.

I was swimming away from zombies yesterday and i met a guy with a boat and i could talk in vehicle channel with him but when we needed more fuel for the boat i couldnt see that he was writing to me in direct while we where searching,

We met another guy too when we searched for the fuel and the two guys i met could talk to eachother with direct communication without problem they told me in vechle chat.

I have tried to reinstall ArmA 2 and DayZ but it didnt help.

How do i fix this problem with not seeing direct communication chat??

:huh:

Yeah, I have the same problem, and I've seen other people mention it too, but it doesn't seem anyone knows how to fix it (yet)

Bump. Confirmed that sixupdater installed the beta patch. Even reinstalled Arma2 CO (steam) and sixupdater to make sure. Other players confirm they can see my direct communications but I am unable to read theirs. Makes surviving hard when you can't read chat :(

I'm having the same problem, and yes, all the servers I've joined were beta.

i have had this problem since i started playing this mod and i have always had the latest beta and so have the server i have played on

Yep, I suffer of this problem too. It makes things extremely difficult when trying to make peace situations.

iv taken to watching people from a safe spot and then saying "hello i am friendly, please press z if u can hear me as i cant see direct communication" it works some times other times I just get shot at.

have the same problem. but i hvae no idea how to fix it. seems like we just have to wait. i mean at least there are so many threads about this topic that there must be an awareness of this issue.

Edited by bobobobo

Same problem... unable to find a solution. Tried different versions, messing with firewall, etc. I know I have the correct version and am joining the correct servers. People can see everything I type but I cannot see anything they type. Very frustrating problem.

Can anybody else having this problem list their system specs and operating system please?