Sign in to follow this  
pixel

Anomalies in the forest

In the woods there are anomalies. They are dangerous, zeds and players like to come there too. They look like black monoliths with a weird glow and make a huming sound.

If you walk into the monolith you get teleported to a forest on a different location on the map, the downside is you random lose some health and sometimes an item when teleported.

When you come out of the teleport you spawn random 100-150 meters from an other monolith in a different forest. This will give you a chance against survivor/bandits that loot other survivors. Or zeds that immediatly jump you.

I would definitely use them...

I don't think this fits the game atmosphere, it wouldn't make any sense really.

Sounds highly supernatural, and I think DayZ should stick to being believeable, and that's the reason why I think most people are playing it for such a long time. "Wonder what I'd do in a zombie apocalypse..." kind of stuff.

@Redshift

That made my day. Thank god for memes. :P

The moment I read the title I was thinking STALKER. But I agree with Cookie, it doesn't fit the atmosphere of the game.

Why don't we introduce artifacts along with it? The game already sounds like some of the effects were taken from S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

no

I thought the same thing GreenJedi. Stalker was a fun game, but it's elements don't fit in this genre any more than Lightsabers or boomerangs, or technicolored loli-inspired schoolgirl outfit skins to replace camo..... well.... no loli's are a bad idea.... yea... bad.

t3sla, if you read what he said, his idea is nothing like the STALKER anomalies. What he's suggesting is something quite different. And silly.

Why don't we introduce artifacts along with it? The game already sounds like some of the effects were taken from S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

no

The sounds are all proprietary to ArmA. Apart from the Zeds, which I think came from another game.

Either way, the anomaly idea does not fit. This is supposed to simulate a zombie apocalypse. Not all out paranormal weirdness.