conz

Idea ? Lights.

Would it be an idea to have generator locations so people could for example turn on a section of street lights to light up a town during the night ?

Make it mandatory to have people man it to have it work, but it might give a nifty goal to give people something to do during the dark nights. And something for the bandits to try and raid.

Not sure how possible it is in Arma though :-)

A somewhat easy way to implement it would be to give the generator a certain effective range (not too realistic, I know) and power all lights in range.

It's certainly possible.

ps.: I'll enjoy shooting out those newly powered lights. *hrhr*

That is an interesting idea.

Just to put this out there though, at night searching around for food and water is very intense when you cant find stuff for miles. ;)

Its actually frightening trying to encounter other players because you don't know if you're going to get shot. With zombies you know they only have one way approaching you. With players, its pretty much the real thing.

In fact, even though the zombies are a fictional element to this mod it is still a beliavable world because of the contrast between human choice and brain dead/animal rage choice.

I don't think the zombies are THINKING to survive, they sure are hungry though.

Lighting up a town or city would be intense as hell, don't know if its possible, but man that would bring a ton of chaos. What if turning on lights makes zombies run towards that area because of the loud noise of the generators would make, and form a distance you would see this town lit up, and you'd wonder "should i go there? or is everyone dead and the generators are just attracting zombies?"

That is an interesting idea.

Just to put this out there though' date=' at night searching around for food and water is very intense when you cant find stuff for miles. ;)

Its actually frightening trying to encounter other players because you don't know if you're going to get shot. With zombies you know they only have one way approaching you. With players, its pretty much the real thing.

In fact, even though the zombies are a fictional element to this mod it is still a beliavable world because of the contrast between human choice and brain dead/animal rage choice.

I don't think the zombies are THINKING to survive, they sure are hungry though.

Lighting up a town or city would be intense as hell, don't know if its possible, but man that would bring a ton of chaos. What if turning on lights makes zombies run towards that area because of the loud noise of the generators would make, and form a distance you would see this town lit up, and you'd wonder "should i go there? or is everyone dead and the generators are just attracting zombies?"

[/quote']

Not sure about the generators attracting every zombie in the area, that would make everyone not use them.

I was thinking like military generator trailers that had been set up some distance from a town. Seeing as the zombie virus also appears to be a rusting agent :-)

The generators need to stop after X time when there are no players nearby.

And yea .. night time is damm scary lol .. especially if you threw away your flares thinking 'oh im not going to play at night'

lol i just logged in to make a similar suggestion, though mine is surely easier to implement.

I wanted to suggest, that there should be some random and few lightsources.

Those would be a major point of interest for survivors and bandits and also would help ease the situation with the need for brightness and gamma values.

For example..the lighthouse could still light up, resulting in a dynamic lightsorce that moves in a circle, which makes it both more suspenseful and dangerous, cause one moment you are hidden, the next you get light up.

Or some single buildings or even only rooms, construction lights with built in generators standing around on streets and so on

Would it be an idea to have generator locations so people could for example turn on a section of street lights to light up a town during the night ?

Make it mandatory to have people man it to have it work' date=' but it might give a nifty goal to give people something to do during the dark nights. And something for the bandits to try and raid.

Not sure how possible it is in Arma though :-)

[/quote']

Bump, cool idea. perhaps the odd blinking streetlight could be a good center of attention too :)

There should just be random generators around some towns. You would have to fill a jerry can with fuel to transfer the fuel to the generator. After you turn on the generator it should light up a few spot lights or some street lamps. The down side would be generators are loud as hell so you would be attracting a lot of zombies to the area.

There should just be random generators around some towns. You would have to fill a jerry can with fuel to transfer the fuel to the generator. After you turn on the generator it should light up a few spot lights or some street lamps. The down side would be generators are loud as hell so you would be attracting a lot of zombies to the area.

Not just zombies. Bandits would most likely camp the generators sniping anyone who got near.

Not just zombies. Bandits would most likely camp the generators sniping anyone who got near.

Well I think that would be a minimal chance to take, would you rather have an area lit up for a few hours or maybe get shot by a sniper.

I just think that it would add another factor into the whole night aspect of the game. If you see a part of a town lit up at night you know that there is a human nearby. Bandit or survivor the choice is up to you, enter the village or go around.