Sign in to follow this  
RobbL (DayZ)

Flatulence

Since every other guy in this forum is making suggestions regarding bodily functions, I thought it was only fair if posted this.

So here's the deal Rocket, add a flatulence feature to the gameplay.

You have a 'gas meter' which increases whenever you eat, especially beans. The higher your level of gas the more likely you are to randomly rip one out. Farting creates an audible sound which can alert nearby players and zombies to your presence.

Now you're probably thinking that isn't too bad and you can still go ahead and eat as many beans as you like. However, if you let your gas level get too high you may follow through when you fart. Following through makes your character stink for about an hour, and even if zombies cannot see or hear you they will rush towards the smell to investigate. So next time you're hungry and you fancy a tin of beans, you would have to think twice.

Constructive criticism is welcome.

CnR has a /fart command that has a chance of blowing yourself up as well as any vehicle that you may be in or near.

CnR - Mod of a mod of GTA: San Andreas, Crazybobs: Cops and Robbers.

Really though, I think bodily functions are fine to not be in the game. Imagine every bodily function you want to have, happens when you are out of game.

Man, I love the sense of realism and immersion brought by some of the ideas built into this wonderful mod, but some things should just be left out. I mean you do that stuff in real life anyway while playing, there isn't a need to simulate that.

I would die of laughter every time.

Aye, lol.

Then after you follow through and don't wipe your arse you catch Chinese bum disease which then leads to dysentery, then you slowly die by blood loss unless you can get some medicine for it and have a good wash in a lake/pond.

excellent ideas here.

as a follow up - farting without toilet paper equipped adds to your "stink" meter, thus alerting nearby zombies and players. toilet paper would only spawn in military barracks and crashed helis with a .000001 chance of appearing.

players would also be required to urinate on a frequent basis. while in the process of urinating, sound is maxed out and attracts hordes of zombies.

yep love realism.

Thanks guys, I thought really hard about this and I know Rocket will really appreciate the ideas