Sign in to follow this  
mattceran@live.com

Too many high value area have overwatch

I think we need more high value areas that are not dominated by over watching and snipers.

For example in the airfields it's very easy to setup a perch and pluck off whoever you want. I do believe this is legitimate however it LIMITS gameplay oppertunities and is defiantly open to exploitation.

If there were areas, such as large buildings or rambling military facilities in the woods it could promote both survivor and bandit to engage more into the environment and create far more interesting confrontations than just trying to run into NW airfield and getting your head blown off

Edited by LikeMindedUser
  • Like 1

There are lot of military-oriented areas that are commonly empty or where it's pretty impossible sniping, some are military bases, just travel somewhere different then NE airstrip and NWAF.
BTW If you want lot of fast and easy loots IMHO it's fair that you must fight for them, if IRL there will be a Zombie apocalypse many people will go for best-known areas where you can get weapons and/or food so you have much chance to find a psyco sniper there. it seems pretty realistic to me ;)

oh there's a military base in the south part of Zelenogorsk also

Edited by JKS-Alex
  • Like 1

Thanks jks

I hear what your saying and agree. Having played a lot of the original mod I've traversed the map frequently and there is much to be found. I think what I was trying to say originally (but not very well) was that we have these high areas of player concentration but there are only a couple of gameplay options. And yes they are realistic. But if there were a few areas where there could be a more skirmish type scenario that would be great. I think there are heaps more options with the current engine and I think that the current map even though modified from arma Indd itself more to snipers or vechile combat (although this isn't really an option on dayz) and this limits the longevity of the game.

• Like 1

Thanks jks

I hear what your saying and agree. Having played a lot of the original mod I've traversed the map frequently and there is much to be found. I think what I was trying to say originally (but not very well) was that we have these high areas of player concentration but there are only a couple of gameplay options. And yes they are realistic. But if there were a few areas where there could be a more skirmish type scenario that would be great. I think there are heaps more options with the current engine and I think that the current map even though modified from arma lends itself more to snipers or vechile combat (although this isn't really an option on dayz) and this limits the longevity of the game.

Thanks jks

I hear what your saying and agree. Having played a lot of the original mod I've traversed the map frequently and there is much to be found. I think what I was trying to say originally (but not very well) was that we have these high areas of player concentration but there are only a couple of gameplay options. And yes they are realistic. But if there were a few areas where there could be a more skirmish type scenario that would be great. I think there are heaps more options with the current engine and I think that the current map even though modified from arma Indd itself more to snipers or vechile combat (although this isn't really an option on dayz) and this limits the longevity of the game.

if i'm not wrong the military base in the woods on SW area is new, it wasn't in the Mod, i think it's what you are talking about so it seems they are already adding some new military-areas more close combat oriented, and IMO dev probably will add one more base in a North empty spot

• Like 1

Sweet. Thanks for the heads up, new to the forums so apologies if I'm trying to break old ground.

Edited by LikeMindedUser

How hard do you think it would be to setup an over-watch position in your town when you have it all to yourself?

Besides it being illegal, not hard if you are somewhat trained. I'm not claiming to be trained but I feel I could keep myself hidden from most people in a real life situation if I felt the need.

if i'm not wrong the military base in the woods on SW area is new, it wasn't in the Mod, i think it's what you are talking about so it seems they are already adding some new military-areas more close combat oriented, and IMO dev probably will add one more base in a North empty spot

Yer thats Pavlovo, the map designers did a great job on that place.

OP i get what your saying but many of the large towns are great for skirmish battles