Sign in to follow this  
Laxxon

Some problems - Zombies aren't dangerous enough.

So I enter the game after dying a few times and I get into my tester mode. I think, "How can I break the immersion? How can I circumvent what's intended?"

It was night, I found the nearest town, I lit a flare and picked it up, then ran through the town attracting the attention of every zombie in the town, effectively clearing it out.

Why would I do this? What if I had some friends with me who wanted to explore the town, sans zombies. They could send a runner in, have him do a few laps around the local forest while they loot the buildings, then the when the team is done clearing, have the runner run into the water to rid himself of the zombies.

My suggestion is to have zombies that can actually hurt you while you're in a jog, instead of trying to hit you and indefinitely missing and falling behind.

Going to log back in soon and look for more ways to break the gameplay o/. (This isn't a bannable offense is it? It is an alpha, trying to test things out, so they don't make it into beta/release)

Run into water after being chased around a forest by zombies?

Personally I drowned into a small few meters wide pond after bleeding a little and sprinting into it to fill my water bottles.

You do make a point, though. Alas, the zombies CAN hit you if you run past one, and getting swarmed by zombies from every side usually leads to a few bruises and scrapes.

You should have at least a running chance - what if you're out of bullets?

See the thing is, you can't out run zombies, they never tire and they never give up, they also never let you down.

So while true you can sprint to saftey for a while you will need food, you will need water, or you will hit a hill. Then sir you are toast.

never give up' date=' they also never let you down.[/quote']

never tell a lie?

never give up' date=' they also never let you down.[/quote']

never tell a lie?

... but they do run around and hurt you?

They've never made me cry.

Seriously though, I don't think this breaks immersion at all. I think they would do the exact same thing in real life. They would chase after that single extremely loud person and likely drown themselves trying to get to him/her.

if i was in a group of three in a real apocalypse and someone had big enough balls, id send him in to loot the town

seems like a good enough strategy

Now that I think of it, you guys are right, sending in someone with a flare at night to make all the zombies run after him is a good idea for a type of "Raid" mechanic, quick get in and get out while the zombies are chasing the runner. There has to be some drawbacks though. Right now you can do it and they'll never catch you as long as you bob and weave the oncoming ones that haven't gotten behind you. Once they are behind you though, they'll never do damage if you keep up that speed.

I played a bit today and saw a new "thermometer." I hope that is a new gauge for the amount of time you can sprint, now that would make things interesting.

Hills. Zombies don't do well on hills. You go up a hill, their path-finding has a hard time going quick up hills.

The real issue is that as many players (including me) have worked out, a horde of zombies is no match for a steep hill.

Or those small, rickety wooden piers by the sea. Once alerted the horde in a small town and booked it to one of the piers. Got like 10-15 zeds swimming around me tryin to get a piece lol.

It is far to easy, another issue is sprint in reverse until they miss you while standing in place and shoot them. You can do this forever, as long as you have bullets.