Sign in to follow this  
KaiDekA

Got enough ammo?

So, me and my mates playing the other night and this guy spawns in randomly and decides instantly he ain't very friendly so we drop him. Upon inspecting his corpse he has a stack of bullets with 2344 in.....

We gathered pretty quickly that this was a hacker and didn't touch any of his dirty hack loot! but then theres a bambi spawns next to the body and goes straight to loot it not seeing us. I assume this is the same douche hacker coming back for his loot!

Can't wait till they sort out the hacker issues, I thought that was what battleye was for!

If he, one can expect that it was him, had not spawned right next to the body, one could have assumed that he just found the mag on another dead body and wanted to have some fun. Therefor the option to hide the body is very good. Always hide the body of a killed cheater and don't take anything from them.

Yeah I only recently discovered the hide feature, think it's great. But this guy spawned in so quick and just literally started looting that body. 

Once there's a server side check for ammo, this shouldn't be a problem anymore.

Weirdly though I've never seen hacked ammo for myself yet.

• Like 1

We tend to take the ammo, then hide the body and then dump the ammo randomly in places that people won't look for it.

I thought this would be a jeer at how much ammo you can find  :lol:

I think ammo is a tid bit abundant in DayZ atm.

I've found more than enough ammo for my mosin in police stations along the coast, and I actually found an M4 in one, but didn't feel it was tactical enough for what I wanted to do. Eg: Sit in the woods and move stealthily.

I haven't found TOO much M4 ammo, but I found a mag and a handful of bullets with no mag.

It just seems ammo is too plentiful in places it should not be. I expect finding pistols, along with .45 and 9mm ammo in policestations, along with maybe their pistols, along with a shotgun. I don't expect to find an M4 in a Russian police station unless they arrested some ex-soldier that tore their heads off like in Rambo.

i wonder what you get if you try to empty one of those hacked mags?

The mag will be empty and you will not recieve any bullets, trust me. I've dont it before.

The mag will be empty and you will not recieve any bullets, trust me. I've dont it before.

Are you able to reuse the mag normally, as in fill it with regular ammo and then have a regular mag? I have never run into anyone with one of these hacked mags before. The handful of cheaters I have encountered prefer teleporting with auto shotguns, not using M4s.

Are you able to reuse the mag normally, as in fill it with regular ammo and then have a regular mag? I have never run into anyone with one of these hacked mags before. The handful of cheaters I have encountered prefer teleporting with auto shotguns, not using M4s.

Im not sure if you can use the mag normally again. You can always try if you encounter one.