New server set up help

Im setting up a server via multiplay.

I have access to the follow cfg files:

BEServer.cfg

ban.txt

script.txt

arma2.cfg

server.cfg

I've set it to Veteran difficulty in the server.cfg but cannot find how to override the 3rd person so its on.

Can you help? Google is failing me.

Lastly naming the server:

I take it this will be a accepted format?

PC Format - London UK - Veteran (1.7.1.5/93825) [3D=ON][CH=OFF][GMT+1] - Hosted by Multiplay

Thanks

Boomer

Adjustment of difficulty levels is done in arma2.cfg.

As for the name format, you need to do some reading up. It's supposed to be something like...

DayZ - UK XY (London, if you want it noticed)

Filter ingame for "Tansien" or "SE" (Sweden) as all the swedish servers uses the correct name convention. Unless Multiplay forbids it, i'm pretty sure you can write "Hosted by Boomsling"

You have to edit the veteran profile in order to change 3rd person to on. The file you want is cfgdayz.arma2oaprofile

its located in your arma 2 OA directory under /cfgdayz/users/cfgdayz

i am sorry but multiplay don't support the file you want, we had a server with them and we had to cancel, to be honest they are quite nooby at dayz servers, i would avoid them.

They don't allow access to the profiles.

Also the rpt files show allsorts fo crazy odd errors aswell.

They run over 30 servers already bud. This one is a sponsored server for pcformat magazine who want to show support for the mod.

As for access to files I've been assured by them that they will get it sorted. Its due to a bug with the new clanforge website.

i know, i did have one bud.

They couldn't fix it, after 6 days they were still like "umm we don't have this file for you to edit".

They assured me day after day that tomorrow it will be fixed, tomorrow never came.

Excuses:

Clanforge

System problem

2nd line engineer didn't look at the server

we don't have the file ready

we passed the info onto senior staff

On top of this it would restart on it's own because of "cpu usuage to high for 45/50 players" = explaining this to them was like talking to a duck, all multiplay servers do the same thing too.

So.. yeah.. we left.

The ticket system is pretty gash aswell.

That's a shame, my experience with their support has been nothing but good. Ive been running PC Formats servers for around 3 or 4 years now, 2 of those with Multiplay. Other sponsors in the past haven't even come close to their level of support and friendlessness. With a little patients Im sure they would have sorted it. But I know what its like when you have a community pressuring you... 'get it run naow!!!!'

Can you please scan through my edited config for the Veteran profile

I would like no cross hairs, 3D on and side chat off.

class Veteran
{
class Flags
{
Armor=1;
FriendlyTag=0;
EnemyTag=0;
HUD=1;
HUDPerm=0;
HUDWp=1;
HUDWpPerm=1;
WeaponCursor=0;
AutoAim=0;
AutoGuideAT=0;
3rdPersonView=1;
ClockIndicator=1;
Map=0;
Tracers=1;
AutoSpot=0;
UltraAI=0;
DeathMessages=0;
NetStats=1;
VonID=1;

Also I have renamed it to be more in line with the naming regime:

DayZ - UK London - Veteran (1.7.1.5/93825) [3D=ON][CH=OFF][GMT+1] PC Format – Multiplay

How do I get assigned an UK number like the other UK 34, UK 35 etc. as I dont want to duplicate another servers number

Thanks.

The profile options:

class Difficulties

{

class Veteran

{

class Flags

{

Armor=1; // Gives you improved body armor, tank armor etc

FriendlyTag=0; // Displays information on friendly units. ONLY WORKS WITH 'Weaponcursor=0', eg crosshair on.

EnemyTag=0; // Displays information on enemy units

HUD=0; // Shows you leaders location and your position in formation

HUDPerm=1; // Shows HUD permanently

HUDWp=0; // Shows Waypoints right after they're ordered to you

HUDWpPerm=0; // Shows Waypoints permanently

WeaponCursor=0; // Shows the crosshair for your weapon

AutoAim=0; // Enables auto aim when you're not looking through your weapon's scope. Also works with crosshair off

AutoGuideAT=0; // AT missiles will be automatically guided to their target. If 0, player has to lock onto the target.

3rdPersonView=0; // This turns 3rd(third) person view and group leader view on or off. Please never talk of this as "3D view" - ArmA is not an arcade game !

ClockIndicator=0; // Displays the clock indicator on the left of your screen when giving/receiving orders like "At 11 o'clock, enemy man at 200 meters"

Map=0; // Shows symbols for all objects known to your gruop on the map. This will NOT disable the map itself !

Tracers=1; // Displays tracers even of small arms that in real life would not have tracers

AutoSpot=0; // If you're close enough to an enemy, you'll report it without right-clicking

UltraAI=0; // Enables super AI, hear and see more and increased tactics. This is for both friendly and enemy sides.

DeathMessages=0; // Displays death messages i.e. playerA kill playerB

NetStats=1; // Displays score board

VonID=0; // Displays VON player name in window

Also the #uk xx number should be assigned by the server provider.

For your profile, have multiplay given you this code to now edit?

Hi Guys, my name is Dan from Multiplay.

We've added some fixes in this morning to work around this file. We're just testing this now and then we'll revalidate your profiles to pick up the changes.

Apologies for the inconvenience this has caused so far.

Hi Guys' date=' my name is Dan from Multiplay.

We've added some fixes in this morning to work around this file. We're just testing this now and then we'll revalidate your profiles to pick up the changes.

Apologies for the inconvenience this has caused so far.

[/quote']

All profiles should now have this file.

It's titled a little differently (dayz.ArmA2OAProfile) due to our path structures, but still works.

Thx a lot !!

but i have a two noob questions =)

What are the commands that can be used in that file?

and how know this ?

Our server stilll isnt running...

The RPT file for the server doesnt look healthy...ideas?

=====================================================================
Exe timestamp: 2012/06/17 13:50:39
Current time: 2012/06/29 15:55:15

Version 1.60.93825
Item STR_ACTIONS_BUILD listed twice
Item STR_EQUIP_NAME_41 listed twice
Item STR_EQUIP_DESC_41 listed twice
Updating base class ->Default, by ca\weapons\config.bin/CfgMagazines/CA_Magazine/
Updating base class ->PistolCore, by ca\weapons\config.bin/cfgWeapons/Pistol/
Updating base class ->Default, by ca\weapons\config.bin/cfgWeapons/ItemCore/
Updating base class ->Citizen, by ca\characters2\config.bin/CfgVehicles/Citizen1/
Updating base class ->SkodaBase, by ca\wheeled\config.bin/CfgVehicles/car_sedan/
Updating base class ->House, by ca\misc3\config.bin/CfgVehicles/Land_Fire/
Updating base class ->House, by ca\misc3\config.bin/CfgVehicles/Land_A_tent/
Updating base class ->Camp_base, by ca\misc3\config.bin/CfgVehicles/ACamp/
Updating base class RscText->, by z\addons\dayz_code\config.bin/RscTitles/Default/
Updating base class HouseBase->, by z\addons\dayz_code\config.bin/CfgVehicles/House/
Updating base class StreetLamp_BaseMediumOrange->StreetLamp, by z\addons\dayz_code\config.bin/CfgNonAIVehicles/Land_lampa_sidl/
Updating base class StreetLamp_BaseMediumOrange->StreetLamp, by z\addons\dayz_code\config.bin/CfgNonAIVehicles/Land_lampa_sidl_2/
Updating base class StreetLamp_BaseMediumOrange->StreetLamp, by z\addons\dayz_code\config.bin/CfgNonAIVehicles/Land_lampa_sidl_3/
Updating base class StreetLamp_BaseWeakYellow->StreetLamp, by z\addons\dayz_code\config.bin/CfgNonAIVehicles/Land_lampa_ind/
Updating base class StreetLamp_BaseWeakYellow->StreetLamp, by z\addons\dayz_code\config.bin/CfgNonAIVehicles/Land_lampa_ind_zebr/
Updating base class ->HouseBase, by ca\misc_e\config.bin/CfgVehicles/House/
Updating base class ->m107, by ca\weapons_e\m107\config.bin/CfgWeapons/m107_TWS_EP1/
Updating base class ->Helicopter, by ca\air_e\uh1h\config.bin/CfgVehicles/UH1H_base/
Updating base class ->Soldier_Base_PMC, by ca\characters_pmc\config.bin/cfgVehicles/Soldier_Crew_PMC/
Updating base class ->BAF_Soldier_MTP, by ca\characters_w_baf\config.bin/CfgVehicles/BAF_Soldier_W/
Updating base class ->BAF_Soldier_L_MTP, by ca\characters_w_baf\config.bin/CfgVehicles/BAF_Soldier_L_W/
Updating base class ->BAF_Soldier_Officer_MTP, by ca\characters_w_baf\config.bin/CfgVehicles/BAF_Soldier_Officer_W/
Updating base class ->BAF_Soldier_SniperH_MTP, by ca\characters_w_baf\config.bin/CfgVehicles/BAF_Soldier_SniperH_W/
Unrecognized CfgNonAIVehicles simulation thing in bin\config.bin/CfgNonAIVehicles/StreetLamp/
Unrecognized CfgNonAIVehicles simulation thing in bin\config.bin/CfgNonAIVehicles/StreetLamp_BaseWeakYellow/
Unrecognized CfgNonAIVehicles simulation thing in bin\config.bin/CfgNonAIVehicles/StreetLamp_BaseMediumOrange/
Unrecognized CfgNonAIVehicles simulation thing in bin\config.bin/CfgNonAIVehicles/StreetLamp_BaseMediumPale/
Unrecognized CfgNonAIVehicles simulation thing in bin\config.bin/CfgNonAIVehicles/StreetLamp_BaseStrongPale/
Unrecognized CfgNonAIVehicles simulation thing in bin\config.bin/CfgNonAIVehicles/StreetLamp_EP1/
Unrecognized CfgNonAIVehicles simulation thing in bin\config.bin/CfgNonAIVehicles/Land_Lamp_Cable_EP1/
Unrecognized CfgNonAIVehicles simulation thing in bin\config.bin/CfgNonAIVehicles/Land_Lamp_Street1_decor_EP1/
Unrecognized CfgNonAIVehicles simulation thing in bin\config.bin/CfgNonAIVehicles/Land_Lamp_Small_EP1/
Unrecognized CfgNonAIVehicles simulation thing in bin\config.bin/CfgNonAIVehicles/Land_Lamp_Street1_EP1/
Unrecognized CfgNonAIVehicles simulation thing in bin\config.bin/CfgNonAIVehicles/Land_Lamp_Street2_EP1/
Unrecognized CfgNonAIVehicles simulation thing in bin\config.bin/CfgNonAIVehicles/Land_Lampa_Ind_EP1/