Sign in to follow this  
wisper

Essential for survival: Sleep

Bad idea , omg i don't want to do nothing behind my screen and I don't want to wait for my character to be killed.

Bad idea , omg i don't want to do nothing behind my screen and I don't want to wait for my character to be killed.

I wouldn't wish u to do anything behind your screen, too many cables there... :p

Seriously: Sleeping during log off does not mean that your avatar stays available online, the system would be overcrouded by snoring inactives. What I meant is that u prepare your sleeping arrangement, (whether this is a great hiding place, or out in the open or anything between the two) and then u dissappear when you log off, as it now happens. But, when u log back in u are rested as much as your previous preparation allows and u appear in the server as well hidden and covered as u were at your log off. Only during napping u remain online inactive, but u can also prepare for that, it is not supposed to last longer then 30secs and u wouldn't be taking a risk that is greater then eating a can.

Only way sleep would work in a way that would not hurt game play is if they copied rust.

1 character per server

When you log off your character stays in game and lays down and sleeps

You must sleep in a safe location because people will rob or kill you when you sleep.

Base building + rust sleeping  + one character per server = dream dayz.

When you log off your character stays in game and lays down and sleeps

You must sleep in a safe location because people will rob or kill you when you sleep.

I totally agree with you on that.

When they add option to build base or to barricade a house things could be very different. 

I think that they should add that, but i don't know how can they do it because i don't understand the server behavior in this situation.

Then what? U would have people fortify a police station, snipe from in there and keep it inaccessible to everybody else for the rest of the time by sleeping? Or are all fortifications vulnerable in which case your character is shit out of luck if you are casual player and stay off line during working days for example? No, avatars must be taken off the server while ur not on line... otherwise the strain to support all these inactives would mess up efficiency too I imagine.