vendaar

Abusing respawnfunction - ban reason?

Hallo,

i frequently see players, who die again and again right after spawn. They just klick Respawn to spawn on another location If they overdo, i kick them.

But some players join back them and doing it again and again, maybe just to annoy or harm the back end.

Am i allowed to ban, maybe just for 5 minutes or 1 day for this?

Its some kind of exploit i think.. Dont think rocket wanted players to kill themselves to spawn at their favorite location...

greetz,

Never seen someone get kicked for it, not much you can really do about it i dont think

If this isn't working as intended for Rocket, simply adding a delay or timer to the respawn location per player GUID would fix this.

For example, every ten minutes you would only respawn near Chenro... Then ten minutes later your spawn is randomized.

This would prevent constant Respawns.

But to answer your question, I honestly have not a clue. It doesn't bother me.

Not really a kickable offence imo, many players want to respawn closer to a group of friends etc, it's not exactly cheating, and to kick or ban for it would be interfering with gameplay, something we're prohibited from doing, respawning / disconnecting to avoid death on the other hand is a different story.

Thx 4 your answers.

Would like to read anything official ^^

why is not a kicking offence? people want to join the server to play Dayz.

why should they not be able to get on due to 4 retards constantly spawning and dieing for 30 minutes..

why cant they be kicked, or atleast something put in place to stop them doing it constantly?

If it's excessive, I kick for it. Play the cards you were dealt. This isn't happy time with friends. You want to get to them, spawn and RUN!