Sign in to follow this  
thasundancekid

Glooming eyes for zombies at night

Hi everyone!

I think it would be a nice effect to make the eyes glow on the zombies at night. Like when you pointing the flashlight at their direction.

Dont know if its the right way to do it, but if you put some modified glowing sticks in their eyes, just make them really small and yellow?

Like this :cool::

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/c/cf/Black_cat_with_glowing_eyes.JPG

I take it that you are volunteering to run up to those Zeds and stick glowsticks in their eyes.

Cat eyes only reflect light because of a reflective layer behind their retina, and even then only if they are being lit with a lightsource shining towards him. Doing that with a Zed wil have rather predictable result with them.

So you might as well use flare, flashlights, chemlights or best of all a NVG.

You know what! I heard that zombies have just that "reflective layer behind their retina" to!

Mary Shelley told me.

So yeh.

if = point flashlight in dark area

Zombies in the area = true

then = glow modified small glowingsticks < true

Even starlight/moonlight reflecting off zombie eyes would be a really cool sort of aesthetic effect.

There are a few things like this I would like to have seen in game, but that was when I was under the impression that the zombies are a "supernatural" type, but they are not, they are "infected" which gives them no more "powers" than a normal person. (or shouldn't),

Sign me up. Yeah sure maybe not the MOST realistic, but there are plenty of zombies that do this in other mediums/lores, why couldnt ours? Extra thriller for a thrilling game.

There are a few things like this I would like to have seen in game' date=' but that was when I was under the impression that the zombies are a "supernatural" type, but they are not, they are "infected" which gives them no more "powers" than a normal person. (or shouldn't),

[/quote']

Well, they run shit fast. All of em. Except for the monkeys. Seems like some weird magical shit is happening there especially if I see a fat guy running faster than I do.