Arne (DayZ)

Question regarding chat

Every now and then I do happen to come across friendly players but we can never communicate so teaming up is kinda pointless. Is the chat not working/bugged right now? I'm using direct communication but never get a response. Or could it be that no one else knows how to chat?!

Direct communication should work fine, as it was fixed in a beta patch. There are many reasons why a person wouldn't reply.

1) They don't know the key for voice/text chat

2) They tried to respond in group channel with text (this is default channel and no one can see it)

3) They were people who can't speak English and didn't understand you

4) Server has disabled VON. As far as I know this is not allowed.

5) They understood and know how to reply but just don't want to communicate

More info and discussion about voice and text chat here: Voice & Text Communication

I think the problem is, don't you have to set it to direct chat? I don't know how many times I have yelled/typed something and no one within the distance of the chat sees/hears it. It should be on direct chat be default. As far as I can tell it is not.

Direct communication should work fine' date=' as it was fixed in a beta patch. There are many reasons why a person wouldn't reply.

1) They don't know the key for voice/text chat

2) They tried to respond in group channel with text (this is default channel and no one can see it)

3) They were people who can't speak English and didn't understand you

4) Server has disabled VON. As far as I know this is not allowed.

5) They understood and know how to reply but just don't want to communicate

More info and discussion about voice and text chat here: Voice & Text Communication

In that case I think servers should make it clear how to chat, and it should be easy to find on this website too.

Out of the ~10-15 people I've come across, not one have used the chat, and only one seemed to be able to read/understand me as he assisted me with bloodtransfusion when I asked for it. Kinda sucks...