Sign in to follow this  
breakingbad

Lee Enfield or Double barreled shotgun?

Just dropped my Double-barreled shotgun (10 rounds) for an Lee Enfield with 30 rounds. Was that a good decision? I know it's supposed to be pretty loud and probably shouldn't be fired in a city, so I thinking I am going to a deer stand next. I am not (yet :s) into player killing but I guess it's the better defensive weapon.

Just want to hear some comments. Would you have switched the guns.

I also have a hatched for some silent zombie killing.

Well, as long as you don't use the lee enfield for killing zombies you made the right choice.

It has a big caliber and you'll kill people in one shot (or at least they will fall unconscious), but it makes too loud noises that will aggro the zombies nearby.

Enfield is very accurate but makes an unholy amount of noise. I've tracked Zombies from near view-distance with it. Shotgun is a little quieter, but is only two shots with a long reload time.

Depends if you're picking your shots or not. Shotgun is a beastly weapon, but the Enfield has significantly more range and actual Iron-sights. They both do about the same damage to an enemy.

I'd go shotgun, personally.

yup, lee enflield is beast rifle! but as the previous posters said, lot of noise! but the double barrel make lot of noise too

Drop them both and find some proper weapons :D

Don't know if it's just me but with the latest few patches i feel the Enfield is alot quieter, shot a player yesterday while having zeds 50-100m away from me and none of them got alerted or even mildly interested.

You made a good choice. The double barreled shotgun is terrible, because of the little "magazine" and terrible iron sights.

I never used the lee-einfield, cuz when i found it i already had the winchester, but i'm 100% sure it's better than the doble barreled shotgun.

The double barrel is like the worst weapon in the game other than melee weapons. You only take it if its all that is there and you upgrade whenever you find anything else.

Double barrel is unbelievably bad, i mean i would rather use the crossbow.

1: Its as loud, if not louder, than the Lee enfield

2: only 2 shots allowed

3: Aiming down sight is unbelievingly hard, stupid and off putting. Its very bad, you dont know were the bullet is going, even if you aim straight.

4: Terrible for player and zombie killing

Le Enfield all the way.

I made the exact same choice once, seen a Lee Enfield with 30 rounds, swapped it for my double barrel.

Then I went to loot a barn in the middle of nowhere, not many zombies around, seemed safe. Entered the barn silently but a zombie was already inside, had 24 Lee Enfield rounds left when I entered the barn.

This happened.

[attachment=1515]

I can confirm, it is loud. I must have attracted every zombie within miles, safe to say after that, with my broken leg and being forced to use my hatchet, I didn't last very long.

the enfield rocks :-D

one shot, one kill, even on lagers distances. but know if you fire the enfield, the whole city run straight to you^^

move into a large house/hall/barn, where they are slow, have a large ammount of ammo with you and the zombie massacre can begin :-)

If you outside on the street or you didnt want to atract all the zombies/and players around the area, you should also have a pistol with you.

When i play with a friend, usually one of us got a Hatched/Crossbow to kill the Zombies silently and the other covers with the enfield...looking for players.

I made the exact same choice once' date=' seen a Lee Enfield with 30 rounds, swapped it for my double barrel.

Then I went to loot a barn in the middle of nowhere, not many zombies around, seemed safe. Entered the barn silently but a zombie was already inside, had 24 Lee Enfield rounds left when I entered the barn.

This happened.

I can confirm, it is loud. I must have attracted every zombie within miles, safe to say after that, with my broken leg and being forced to use my hatchet, I didn't last very long.

[/quote']

And this is why you don't use the Enfield.