direwind

disable 3rd person view.

^ that tells me that the majority of players cannot configure their game properly and/or came from consoles

No they just like being able to cheat and look around corners' date=' everything else is just bullshit.

[/quote']

i completely agree and posted the same sentiment earlier in this thread; this debate is pretty flawed when 3dp fans won't even admit to the reason we all know they use it for

I lol'd when I read the guy above stating 3rd person is an exploit.

Generally when people refer to "exploits" in video games' date=' what they are describing is people that exploit a game bug/glitch.

3rd person view was an intended game mechanic and is not a bug.

We are all free to exploit the game's legitimate functions, just like exploiting the fact that players can't see dick when proned in the grass in first person.

Or exploiting the fact that you can't see what is behind you when your in a vehicle in first person.

Either way removing 3rd person would greatly harm this mod and is a bad idea. Having servers running both 3rd and 1st person is fine.

[/quote']

How would removing 3rd person harm the mod?? less players?? we're all good with that, not like development needs this many, a few full servers will do, money anit an issue either, i don't see your point?

I think you mean to say you like 3rd person because this game in 1st is beyond your capabilities, the mod will be fine without it, but you will not, and will leave. But the question is, what do you bring to the mod?

that tells me that the majority of players cannot configure their game properly and/or came from consoles

All of the popular arma 2 servers I have seen since I bought the game years ago have been 3dp. I guess there's alot of console players that still haven't figured out to configure their clients after months and years then.

YOu know, it wouldn't be that 1st person is kind of crappy in arma2.

we have servers with 3rd person, and servers without 3rd person. everybody wins, what's the problem. there are plenty of servers to choose from.

I'm in the boat of not liking third person. Why? You go out of your way to sneak up on someone, or you use tactics to position yourself in a way to not be seen. Nope! Despite him having absolutely no visibility on you, he can magically see over that wall or around the corner because of third person view. I don't like it because there is no way to tell if they can see you or not. Are you using tactics and sneaking around his flank with a wall in between him and yourself, or is he literally staring right at you through that "wall" because the camera is hovering well above him with clear line of sight?

The only way you should be able to see around a corner is to actually peek around the corner. Same with wall height. Hospital roofs are a prime example. On the VERY top part of the roof, there is a 1 foot tall "rim" around the roof. You can prone and have clear line of site of the roof below you, ready to kill anyone who shows up, while in reality your guy is staring dead on at bricks.

So, as an answer, we have "options" so people can play how they want. The problem is, if you give people an easy route, they will almost always take it. I have been playing for about 2 weeks and have yet to find any veteran servers that have it disabled that I can actually ping well to. If 9 out of 10 people take the easy route, you're stuck with 1 option, and you can only hope to death that the option is viable to you (ping, other options, etc...). Pretty much, I'm being forced to play in third person servers.

Using 3rdp does not make you a noob. Doing things the hard way doesn't make you better at the game. You are only limiting yourself.

If anyone is getting items on a 3rdp server just to swap to a 1stp server they're pretty stupid. No one does that. Only people who play 1stp exclusively would even think of that as a "strategy", but then they're not even being exclusive or "HxC" (lol) anymore. The point of the game is to get items and kill zombies.

So really you're just worried that other people will have an advantage over YOU because YOU like to limit yourself.

Feel free to limit yourself on your "expert" servers so you can claim your "HxC" crown. Me and the "noobs" will be over here in the 3rdp servers...having fun without you, and not caring about the problems of your corrupted little "HxC" community.

Generally when people refer to "exploits" in video games' date=' what they are describing is people that exploit a game bug/glitch.

We are all free to exploit the game's legitimate functions, just like exploiting the fact that players can't see dick when proned in the grass in first person.

Or exploiting the fact that you can't see what is behind you when your in a vehicle in first person.

Either way removing 3rd person would greatly harm this mod and is a bad idea. Having servers running both 3rd and 1st person is fine.

[/quote']

How would removing 3rd person harm the mod?? less players?? we're all good with that, not like development needs this many, a few full servers will do, money anit an issue either, i don't see your point?

I think you mean to say you like 3rd person because this game in 1st is beyond your capabilities, the mod will be fine without it, but you will not, and will leave. But the question is, what do you bring to the mod?

Yeah not like this mod will never be for sale or anything. Not like 300 000 people aren't already playing the mod and will probably buy it.

I'm sure Rocket would love to cut that 300 000 in half because some 1st person enthusiasts got their panties in a bunch.

The question isn't what I bring to the mod at all. The question is why don't you understand that the mod will eventually be a commercial product and losing potential customers will hurt it.

play on a non 3rd person server. Problem solved. Why you have to try and force YOUR GAMEPLAY STYLE ON OTHERS.

YOu know' date=' it wouldn't be that 1st person is kind of crappy in arma2.

[/quote']

i still have yet to see a single fact indicating first person in this game is worse than any other given FPS (reminder: FOV and head bob are configurable)

if anything, it's BETTER thanks to the awesome ALT-look feature

• Like 1

WoW so much time has passed and folks are still bi***ing about 3rd person which is server setting?

Dear Sir, servers with 3DP OFF are this way ====>>

[/quote']

Yeah not like this mod will never be for sale or anything. Not like 300 000 people aren't already playing the mod and will probably buy it.

I'm sure Rocket would love to cut that 300 000 in half because some 1st person enthusiasts got their panties in a bunch.

The question isn't what I bring to the mod at all. The question is why don't you understand that the mod will eventually be a commercial product and losing potential customers will hurt it.

This mod will never be on sale,. of course it wont,. are you retarded? See many mods for sale?

This imaginary 'commercial product' may one day in-fact exist,. but it does not, this mod wont magically change into it over night, this will always remain separate, your argument is beyond ridiculous.

I don't like it because there is no way to tell if they can see you or not.

If you can see their face' date=' they can see yours. This is a simple concept of reality.

[/quote']

I don't think you get it.

There is a wall. Someone is behind it. You know they are there because you saw them run there. You, being sneaky, decide to crawl slowly into a flanking position because they can't see you behind the wall.

WRONG!

They can see you crawling perfectly because their camera is floating about a yard or 2 above their head having full visibility of you on the other side of the wall.

Again, you have no idea if they can see you or not.

If it was first person, you'd know they couldn't see you.

So, you're being sneaky, and now you're just about to flank them. You are moving along the wall towards where they were at. Reality? They have been watching you the whole time, and now they are on that corner, looking around the corner with third person camera and just waiting for you to get closer. All that time you spent trying to use tactics to flank, they suddenly jump from the corner firing before you can even react.

No way to have ever known they were looking right at you the whole time.

As you fall over dead, you hear over voice, "LULZ! THIRD PERSON CAM, NOOB!"

All it does is reduce the amount of ability to play smart and use tactics.

• Like 1

This mod will never be on sale' date='. of course it wont,. are you retarded? See many mods for sale?

This imaginary 'commercial product' may one day in-fact exist,. but it does not, this mod wont magically change into it over night, this will always remain separate, your argument is beyond ridiculous.

[/quote']

Well I can assure you I am not retarded.

Counterstrike was originally a mod.

Go watch some interviews with Rocket and you will see how ridiculous you are. He is planning on making DayZ a standalone game using the arma engine. He also has already surveyed the people of this forum to see what type of payment model they would prefer for when the product is commercially released.

dude A :I want fighter jets to remain in the game!

dude B :erm there not in the game?!?!

dude A :Yes they are, there on ARMA 2, and this is ARMA 2, that's a simulator, its should be on here!

dude B: no friend this is DayZ, which is to become a complete Mod, apart from engine and texture/models cross over it will be effectively a different game entirely, you should not likeness it to ARMA 2 at all.

dude A : OMG,. your completely right, how did i not see this, I've been a total retard, shame on me, wow i wish i kept my mouth shut, damn i'm dumb, like full retard, I'm surprised I've lived this long without drinking a chem light or falling off a ladder.

dude B : its okay man,. just keep it shut next time.

dude A : will do kind sir,. and thanks for your help.

one can dream,.. one can dream.............

This mod will never be on sale' date='. of course it wont,. are you retarded? See many mods for sale?

[/quote']

Well I can assure you I am not retarded.

Counterstrike was originally a mod.

Go watch some interviews with Rocket and you will see how ridiculous you are. He is planning on making DayZ a standalone game using the arma engine. He also has already surveyed the people of this forum to see what type of payment model they would prefer for when the product is commercially released.

So again,. how would less people on this free mod effect this stand alone game,. you gonna boycott it if you don't have 3rd on this mod?

dude A: yo man, I dont like playing in 3rd person.

dude B: me neither bro

dude A: let's go play on a 1st person server

dude B: Nah bro, let's go on the forums and complain, in a vain attempt to get all these 3rd person servers down. Those kids get easy loot by looking around corners. Fuck them I'm jelly.

says the guy furiously replying to said posts

pot' date=' kettle, etc

[/quote']

yes furious, very furious.

the pot can't call the kettle black, when the pot hasn't called the kettle anything.

No. Leave it optional. If I wanna have fun, I pick a 3P enabled server. If I feel like a suicidal maniac, I pick a 3P disabled server w/ no player nametags.

Variety is the spice of life...