fink2011

Functional power stations

I'd like to see power stations have a use in DayZ.

Ideas:

Players can go to a power station and flip switches to activate them.

Over time the power stations will be turned off again, maybe due to zombies or some other reasoning.

The power station status would be unique for each server.

Possible effects of turning on the power station:

-Functional gas pumps.

-Lights in some of the buildings in cities (would probalby make night playing more friendly to players without nvg's)

Kind of doubting this idea is worth implementing since it doesn't seem like having power in Chernarus will do much. Thought just crossed my mind when thinking about a post from rocket most likely joking about adding generators that could be used to bring gas pumps to life.

Either way I think it would be nice for players to have a location based goal that isn't "go here to get 'x' loot".

+1

like your idea alot :)

but I also think it will be best if its hard to find these power sources. so you will have to fight for it. and that group of survivors that controls the powerstation will have like a little dominating position.

There is a mod for this in arma 2.

Check it out ;)

I wish it was in dayz too! (Dont miss the movie in my link)

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=15178

realy nice mod! better than I thought it would be:) and what I think you can use the power steering on the lamps to dominate on some areas. you can put other survivors in traps by turn off the power in the area where the survivors are and then ambush them.

I'd like to see power stations have a use in DayZ.

Ideas:

Players can go to a power station and flip switches to activate them.

Over time the power stations will be turned off again' date=' maybe due to zombies or some other reasoning.

The power station status would be unique for each server.

Possible effects of turning on the power station:

-Functional gas pumps.

-Lights in some of the buildings in cities (would probalby make night playing more friendly to players without nvg's)

Kind of doubting this idea is worth implementing since it doesn't seem like having power in Chernarus will do much. Thought just crossed my mind when thinking about a post from rocket most likely joking about adding generators that could be used to bring gas pumps to life.

Either way I think it would be nice for players to have a location based goal that isn't "go here to get 'x' loot".

[/quote']

I present you... The SEARCH function! :)

Seriously, should use it.

Here's 13 pages of discussion of this

http://dayzmod.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=6791&highlight=power

And from what i've read in variety of places, this is taken into a count by the development team