Sign in to follow this  
theot13

Questions with a story

So whats the deal with vehicles? I've spent countless hours with my squad roaming through different servers and locations to find a vehicle but to no avail. We used the day z wiki for locations and every time we get there its already gone. I also never see any and I play around 3-5 hours a day. Has every vehicle at this point been repaired and moved off map to the wastelands? This leads me to my next question/story.

TLDR at the bottom.

My squad and me decide to hit up the NE airfield for some loot. Before I continue, let me give you some details. There's 3 of us in total. I'm the sniper in the group with a CZ550. The other 2 have silenced weapons. One has a Bizon SD and the other a MP5 SD.

While in the tower we encounter a zed at the top. The guy with my mp5 moves in for the kill on the stairs and gets one shot by the zed and dies... now we have a problem. We have to wait out in the airfield for our friend to re spawn and make the hike back to his body in order to retrieve his things. We quickly unloaded his bag and belongings and waiting for his arrival.

Fast forward about 20 mins and he finally makes it back. Once he finishes gearing back up we hear for the very first time a car pull into the air field. So now we are on our toes and very excited about the fact that we might be able to steal this car. One covers the door and me and another head to the top. Unfortunately in our haste to get to the top we attract a zed to the roof and have to engage him. This provides the driver enough time to spot us and make a break for it.

In all the commotion we did not see if he went into a hanger or drove in between and left. So we err'ed on the side of caution. I covered from the tower while the two moved in. After clearing the hangers we realized he had already made his escape, however he was not done. We once again hear his truck close by and disappear once again. So we quickly try to loot as much as we can and prepare for an ambush. A couple more minutes later as we clear the hangers of any loot we hear gun fire from the NE on the hill.

My two squad mates begin to take cover as theyre being shot at and leave it to me to dispatch him. I zero my scope in at around 300m and take a shot. 1st shot is a direct hit. The player goes unconscious and begins to bleed. I follow up with 2 more shots however I miss :( . He then immediately disconnects from the game and a kill is not registered on my debug. My squad makes start to make their move towards his location to begin a search for his truck when all of the sudden they receive fire from the south.

At this point my rifle shots have attracted about 5 zeds and I begin to also take fire from the south. I take a hit and begin to bleed while I pull my pistol out to dispatch the zeds. I make my way downstairs to bandage and heal. My blood had dropped from 12k to 6.5k.

At this point we have no idea how many friends he brought with him and where they are exactly, plus we are still caught up in the moment. So since they were playing the disconnect game we decided to as well. After all, my other squad mate had just died and didn't want to risk another death and there were to many unknowns.

Which brings me to my next question. Is the guy who disconnected going to die? I assume he took a lot of damage since he fell unconscious and started to bleed after one shot. However he disconnected before he died and the kill did not register on the debug monitor.

TLDR

1: Are all the vehicles already taken and pretty much impossible to find off the map?

2: Will disconnecting after getting hit by a sniper and going unconscious/bleeding save you from death?

1: Vehicles do not carry over from server to server so there are still plenty of vehicles to find if you're in the right place at the right time.

2: Disconnecting to avoid death is generally frowned upon by the dayz community. If players disconnect while in shock (from large amounts of damage) they will fall unconscious upon logging in a server. During that time they may bleed to death but you will not have the opportunity to loot their corpse. I believe that rocket has stated that he considers it an exploit and will fix it in the near future.