Sign in to follow this  
Pinky Stavo

Respawn after death with all my gear

Date/Time: Tuesday 26th June @ 11pm GMT

What happened: I was killed by a player but when I respawned, I had all my gear that I had died with and was standing over my old corpse.

Where you were: In the forest near the deer stand north of Vyshnoye

What you were doing: I was afk helping my wife with a spreadsheet problem (school boy, I know!)

*Current installed version: 1.7.1.5

*Server(s) you were on: I think it was DE 74 but can’t be certain

*Your system specs: Dell XPS 420, Windows 7, Intel Quad Core Q6600 2.4ghz, 4gb RAM, Nvidia GeForce 8800GTX 768mb. The only other program that was running (other than Six Launcher and ARMA2) were AVG and MSI Afterburner (to monitor my GPU FPS and temperature).

*Timeline of events before/after error:

BEFORE: I spawned near Vyshnoye, looted a few buildings there and found a player corpse with matches and a compass. Headed into the woods, cooked me up some meat and then headed to check out the deer stand. After checking that out, I stop at the north side of the forest and went afk, shortly after, I got shot by a player.

BUG: When I respawned, I had everything I had before (my Enfield, all my ammo as well the matches and compass) and I was standing over my own corpse (which I looted, it was missing the matches and compass but had everything else). I then decided I was one lucky SOB so decided to leave the area asap, however, the player that had killed me, was still around and shot me again.

AFTER: When I respawned this time, I was where I expected to be (on the coast) with the correct starting gear. Perhaps it was just a glitch but thought I’d report it anyway.