Sign in to follow this  
NeedleHammer

Where do Ghillie suits spawn?

Played this game for a few days and got some OK gear now I'm pumped to start looking for a ghillie for some more ambitious lonewolf ops.

I've seen on the day z wiki they spawn in residential areas like castles and apt's and such can anyone confirm this? where did everyone get theirs?

Thanks

I got my most recent one in a house, they spawn in a ton of places.

Shops, Houses, Apartments.

I've even seen them drop around crashed choppers.

Anytime i've found cammo gear its always been in the red brick buildings with a 2 doors and a room either side.

just got my ghillie suit for the first time :D

it spwaned in the red brick house opposite of the store in stary sabor. WOOOHHO.

now to find a DMR to utilise my 6 dmr clips and life will be a joy :)

its the house with two entrances, and a staircase that leads to a closed door. the ghilli was on the floor half way between both entrances.

i can tell you any times i look for a Gsuits i go to vybor. IDK why, but i always find one there (supermarket/ appartements)

Dayz Wiki says the Ghillie suit is permanent.. does that mean u keep it when u die or lose it when u die?

There are heaps of them in the grass - just really really hard to spot for some reason...

Seen it spawn in the office building entrance (the one you cant enter only the firt part) in Cherno in the quite a few times.. check there..

Dayz Wiki says the Ghillie suit is permanent.. does that mean u keep it when u die or lose it when u die?

no, you lose it when you die. By permanent i think the wiki says if you wear a gillie suits ,and don't wear another one, you'll keep it until you are dead. (cause you can have a camo in your inventory and switch from the camo to gillie when you need)

Sui isn't lootable by others players if you wear it

2 story apartments have the highest chance to yield I believe. They have the most spawn points for loot.

Just be aware that if you find one, or a camo outfit, and equip it. You will spawn out on the ocean and be in for a 10 minute swim to shore having lost your primary, secondary and backpack.

2 story apartments have the highest chance to yield I believe. They have the most spawn points for loot.

Just be aware that if you find one' date=' or a camo outfit, and equip it. You will spawn out on the ocean and be in for a 10 minute swim to shore having lost your primary, secondary and backpack.

[/quote']

All of the uniforms I have had work fine for me. I think it works differently for different people. I have found uniforms in the stores and in the apartments mainly. I have found one uniform in a house though. So if you can brave the danger of big city (cherno) you might have better luck with finding a ghillie suit.

Just be aware that if you find one' date=' or a camo outfit, and equip it. You will spawn out on the ocean and be in for a 10 minute swim to shore having lost your primary, secondary and backpack.

[/quote']

THIS IS COMPLETLY WRONG

this bugg is fixed in last version + beta patch

[/quote']

THIS IS COMPLETLY WRONG

this bugg is fixed in last version + beta patch

There's still too many people not running the game with the latest beta patch and complaining about bugs.

Three suits I found this week were in a chopper crash, Devil's Castle and NW Hangar.

[/quote']

this has been fixed. you need to be up to date with arma 2 beta patches and you are fine.

Ghillies will spawn in any class of lootspawn except industrial. I most commonly find them in houses in small towns, next would be apartments, then cafe buildings, then military types of spawns, and ONCE in a barn.

Does Six Updater keep the beta client up to date? I have avoided all uniform changes ever since I was ported to the ocean and lost everything..

[/quote']

this has been fixed. you need to be up to date with arma 2 beta patches and you are fine.

On the corpse of the bandit I stole it from.

Does Six Updater keep the beta client up to date? I have avoided all uniform changes ever since I was ported to the ocean and lost everything..

I don't know. I have arma 2 CO on steam, and i manually update dayz and beta patches. equiped a ghilie today without issues. last time i equiped camo, i didn't have the latest beta patch, and i spawned in the ocean.

[/quote']

I don't know. I have arma 2 CO on steam' date=' and i manually update dayz and beta patches. equiped a ghilie today without issues. last time i equiped camo, i didn't have the latest beta patch, and i spawned in the ocean.

[/quote']

Yes, just run six launcher, it does it all for you. I found a ghillie suit near the NE airfield 2 days ago and equipped it without any problems.