JeffCraig

US 155 / 156 - Kansas 1 & 2 - official n0ob servers thread

This is just a quick thread for Kansas 1 & 2 server discussion and support.

n0ob Servers:

DayZ - US 155 Kansas 1

- TimeZone: GMT+9

- Difficulty: Regular

- 3rd Persion View: On

- Player Tags: On

- DayZ Version: 1.7.2.4

- Beta Version: 95417

DayZ - US 156 Kansas 2

- TimeZone: GMT+9

- Difficulty: Veteran

- 3rd Persion View: Off

- Player Tags: Off

- DayZ Version: 1.7.2.4

- Beta Version: 95417

If you have questions/comments/complaints/reports, feel free to post them here, or submit a ticket at http://www.n0ob.com .

Edited by JeffCraig

I couldn't find your servers about 14 hours ago.

EDIT: Disregard: I see them again in the serverlist.

Played a lot on Kansas 1 lately (being daylight when it's nighttime here in Europe). Ping of about 110-140ms and it's playable (no problems in killing other players and/or zombies).

Nice server (except for that one hacker that once nuked the entire city).

Thanks for the feedback vlees.

The servers were down for a bit while I deployed the new Kansas 2 veteran server. But they shouldn't have any downtime from now on. If you do see them go down again, I will appreciate notification of that fact.

The nuking sucks, but there really isn't anything we can do about it until rocket, BI and BattlEye find a way to stop it. But again, I'd love it if people notified me when it does happen, and get me screenshots of the player-list.

I'll see you around.

Hi Jeff,

Excellent couple of servers!

Saw a hacker / equipment spawner on Kansas 1 yesterday (29th June) @ 2137 NZST (1037 GMT), he was flying over Krastanav in an F35.

th_arma2oa2012-06-2921-37-22-81.jpg

Unfortunately the screenshot didn't catch his name, but, a mate and I can confirm that it was a player called 'George Smith';

th_gsmith.jpg

Hopefully you can find the culprit in the logs.

Thanks again for the great set of servers.

Thanks Cdr, I'll check it out.

Why do you believe it was this 'George Smith' guy that was doing the hacking?

George Smith was the name that came up on the F35 when we had the x-hair over it.

Granted it might not have been him that spawned it in (he could have found it and then jumped in it), but I think the chances are pretty slim.

Thanks for the quick reply :)

This is what I see in the logs, looking for George Smith:

10:46:08 WARNING: Function 'name' - 1a7bc080# 1056871: frost.p3d REMOTE has no unit

10:46:08 - network id 30:57

10:46:08 - person George Smith

10:46:08 - dead

10:46:08 "ERROR: Cannot Sync Character Error: No unit as no characterID"

10:46:08 Server: Object 13:87 not found (message 99)

Someone else posted about this 'George Smith' thing: http://dayzmod.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=8129&pid=216657#pid216657

I'm thinking the server just names you George Smith if there are problems connecting your user ID with the Hive. So, I'm not really sure whats going on. I'll talk to some devs and maybe have someone look into those logs.

Loving this server so far.... Making it our home server. Perfect hours for this night owl to actually get to play during daytime. I play on K2 since I am not a big fan of 3rd person. Did notice you don't have the newest beta (or maybe you do your MOTD just says it's an older one). Just wondering what you thoughts are about players that DC when being shot at. Should we be a tattle tail and tell you here an n0ob.com? Basically it looks like you just want the screen shot and server time/info.

Did notice you don't have the newest beta (or maybe you do your MOTD just says it's an older one).

I only update to approved beta builds. I'll check and see if 94444 has been checked over by the dev and be teams and update if they say it's ok.

Just wondering what you thoughts are about players that DC when being shot at. Should we be a tattle tail and tell you here an n0ob.com?

I'll add a feature to attach files to tickets at n0ob.com . Just put screenshots, etc in a zip and attach it to the ticket if you need to report someone.

• Like 1

Hi Jeff,

Quality servers!

Kansas 1 is our home server.

Lately though on Kansas 1 i've been having some issues, My debug monitor will disappear randomly and I'm not able to quench thirst or hunger and will begin to teleport back to where I was 5 or so minute earlier.

for example; I was in the Berezino supermarket, picked up an Alice pack and a few cokes then exited to the south of the city, i was heading to the treeline to log out in and without warning I'm back in the supermarket.

This has happened a few times now and only seems to be on your server.

The other strange thing that has happened today is that now when I log in to your server I'm in the supermarket (not where i logged out) and I have nothing.. no backpack, no gear at all.

A similar issue is also happening to a friend of mine on your server.

cheers

poop

Edited by Kurian

servers went down and didn't come back up so far its like 4 hours love the servers hope they come back up soon.

Well there should be another scheduled restart in an hour. Might aswell wait for that to happen. Maybe it's gonna come back up.

Welp: Seems the automated Restart didn't do anything about it.

Edited by Fr4nka

AHHHHH!!!!! JeffCraig!!! Person with two first names!!!! HELP!!!!! SERVER.....STILL....DOWN!!!!

Yeah, I doubt that it updates to the latest patch. Pretty sure the owner purposefully runs the server on older more stable builds, although it has been on 94876 for awhile now. Last time the server was supposed to restart and update to the latest patch it went down 15 minutes after the regularly scheduled restart and didn't come back up for like 2 hours.

Of course it restarted right after I found a freshly spawned heli crash with my buddy, GRRRRR! Luckily all was not lost, we were able to commandeer a van from scrubs that were driving by the NW airfield, but it restarted before we could really loot the crash site. Anyways, I think this might be the case of an absentee owner. Come back JeffCraig! I swear I won't make fun of your two first names anymore! Just please.......revive the server! I've car-jacked too many people on your server to go elsewhere!!!

Yeah i do hope they update , a while back when they were current the servers had like 30-40 people on them was awesome but with the older version i've only seen a max of 14 or so but i still enjoy the server. i just checked again and arma 2 oa is down for maintenance.

That's only for you though. It works for me, just not this server...

Should be back online now.

and it's three first names: JeffAllenCraig :P

There are some new server side 'tweaks' with the latest beta/patch versions and I'll be tweaking things over the course of the day today.

Edited by JeffCraig

Yes!!! Thanks JeffCraig...I mean JeffAllenCraig!!! Damn that new patch really made the server popular, completely full right now. If I may ask, what kind of server tweaks do you mean?

Huh, for some reason the server laggs for me now. And I would also like to know of said server tweaks.

Also I don't know if the laggs are only restricted to me.

Edit: Different servers didn't give me laggs so it's either my current routing towards US 155 or the server. I would really like to go back.

Seems that it resolved itself. Everything's fine now.

Edited by Fr4nka