syncmaster (DayZ)

Using laptop microphone?

Just a quick question. Almost every laptop has a webcam/mic built in. Will this work for direct chat in the game? Meaning can I just press the cap lock and it should work fine or do I have to do something first?

I have not been able to test this out yet. I get shot or find people who are mute/don't speak English...

Please, for the sake of people around you dont use a laptop mic.

It hurts our ears, we have no clue what you are saying. Get a real mic.

Good, maybe I can annoy someone so bad they run away instead of kill me ;)

Just found a tutorial on how to use my 360 headset. That should work until I find something better on amazon.

i have a laptop mic and mine sounds awesome so i dont need a headset woot woot

Please' date=' for the sake of people around you dont use a laptop mic.

[/quote']

No? I've been using my laptop's mic for a long time and it works perfectly fine, no one ever complained about it.

Good' date=' maybe I can annoy someone so bad they run away instead of kill me ;)

Just found a tutorial on how to use my 360 headset. That should work until I find something better on amazon.

[/quote']

interesting theory and the best of luck with that testing if you do, but it should work with finding the mic right away because its a built in mic.

Please' date=' for the sake of people around you dont use a laptop mic.

[/quote']

No? I've been using my laptop's mic for a long time and it works perfectly fine, no one ever complained about it.

You damn dirty laptop mic using ape - I will hunt you, hunt you to the ends of the earth!

Okay, I've used two built in laptop mics, and I will tell you:

PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THAT IS HOLY AND GOOD IN THE WORLD, WEAR A HEADSET!

I don't care if you only wear ear plugs, but if you talk and someone else talks at the same time, there comes an infinite loop, which is the most annoying thing in the world, and it only stops when you stop inputing. Please, don't make us suffer for your cheap wallet.

(Also make sure that nothing loud is playing in the background, [iE: Music, Netflix, Other Games] and the community will be mostly fine, barring those that hate your voice)

You could use a program like "Teamspeak 3" Just for testing your laptop mic. It got a buld inn function that allows you to playback your own voice. Laptop mics are horrible in general and it might look stupid when you yell "FRIENDLY" in the living room.

My mic laptop on my clevo is awesome, indeed I use it to record music and stuff we do with my band. But I can't speak for yours, try recording your voice with a software like goldwave or whatever.