Sed1er

Why Zombies shoudl be fixed

I know i'm probably the 100th guy to say this but i will say it anyway. Zombies should be slowed down. Not just because it's really hard to get a head shot on sonic the hedgehog zombies but that's how zombies are and should be. I'm not saying i want the game to be easy. I also believe there should be larger hordes of zombies all next to each other and that they should spawn everywhere.

Imagine being in the forest with a couple friends and out of nowhere a group of like 15-20 zombies come out of the trees and start coming after you. and as you shoot them you alert more zombies nearby or slightly far away and they start heading towards your direction. You could run but that would cause more zombies to hear you and you would have to get to a building or somewhere safe to get away.

I feel that this would add to the experience and really be more terrifying since the slow zombies are coming after you are in such large numbers shooting could only kill so many that there would still be left over after ammo is depleted. I can't be the only one who would prefer this because it's really annoying to stealth in town just to get caught and chased by dozens of zombies for miles and you lose track of where you were going to begin with.

Well that's what i feel the game should play like. I'm not saying DO IT. i'm just giving a suggestion. :D

But if they were made denser to counteract the nerf, it would be nigh on impossible to get into some towns. I had a hard enough time yesterday trying to get into and through Pavlovo and Zelenegorsk (don't get me started on Zelen). I don't think nerfing speed and upping quantity is the solution.

I can see the point of being able to outrun them, but I don't think it would be a good change to make that easy - having them good runners means getting seen is punishing.

They are infected humans and not dead. Mod dev said so.

Putting a multiplicitave quantity on the servers would bog them into oblivion, at this time.

Yes, you are the 100th person.

They do, still, need to be fixed. That is in process as the alpha testing progresses.

Rocket said in the last couple of days that he "may" enable Zeds running while inside buildings. Sounds like Zeds may be going in a completely opposite direction than you hope...

NO WAY!!! He cant do that. indoors is the only way to patch up the bleeding out while running away. even then they still come in big packs. That would completely ruin the game. they should make them run but not as fast as they do right now. has to be slowed down to a degree so we can aim at them and be able to hit them when they are running.

Rocket said in the last couple of days that he "may" enable Zeds running while inside buildings. Sounds like Zeds may be going in a completely opposite direction than you hope...

NO WAY!!! He cant do that. indoors is the only way to patch up the bleeding out while running away. even then they still come in big packs. That would completely ruin the game. they should make them run but not as fast as they do right now. has to be slowed down to a degree so we can aim at them and be able to hit them when they are running.

Instead of making a new thread, I'll just add my opinion here.

Zombies should only be slightly faster than normal players, as it is they FLY at people with extreme speeds (so fast they can literally go down hill with you and fall to death from their speeds while you remain unharmed running quickly downhill). I've seen similar speeds on NPCs in other games and they also have the NPCs lagging through walls, teleporting, weaving around and even sliding into place after they have attacked.

ROCKET, half the problems with zombies is their intense speed. If they were say, 110% the speed of a player with nothing on at full strength (just started running) and then increase their health to that of a normal player, or just under, they would quickly be the evil killing machines you want.

But you NEED to fix the Noise-Sight mechanics, as it is I doubt crawling on gravel would generate the same noise as walking on dirt (c'mon). Crawling should be louder, crouch walking should be easier to see. I'm sure you are already fixing that, though.

I'd suggest either adding a running-attack animation and allow zombies to attack while on the run (not sure if the engine allows this) or cause a zombie's attack to slow a player (say each hit reduces player speed by 25%, this should allow zombies to continue beating on the player as they attempt to run away)... Sadly, this makes a new problem- Fresh Spawns.

To balance this, they'd need something to defend themselves with, such as a melee weapon (which are so buggy in the way they work, I'd advise against giving these to new players) or a weak firearm with limited ammo (Makarov with a single magazine?), keeping everything else on spawn the same should be fine.

I like feeling like zombies are just that, and not a penalty for defending yourself too close to town (returning fire at a sniper causes zombies to aggro on you, if you try firing from inside a town or building) or a semi-mobile landmine community with an allergy towards Lee Enfields.