Sign in to follow this  
Skallywags (DayZ)

Friendly slightly awkward experience

Hi there everyone! A lot of you have already shared a lot of things you've experienced but I never did, so I thought I'd tell you about this interesting and rather peculiar thing that happened to me today. As I walked along the coast with a friend looking for loot and people to help I stumbled upon a new spawn running from 2 or 3 zombies, he really looked like he was gonna die really soon since he had no way to defend himself so I pulled my gun out and shot the zombies, attracting a few more of course, but nothing I couldn't handle... One of them made me start bleeding and even before I ask the fresh spawn to help me out with some rags while I protect him he starts bandaging me. I offer to give him some food and help but I never got to hear any words from him... maybe he didn't have a mic, I don't know, but he never answered on direct chat either, instead, he kept looking for loot around the town. I decided to leave with my friend and let him loot the town by himself so he could get some stuff. Anyway, my point is, even though I don't know the reason why he never talked to me, it was a pretty good experience, since most of the times fresh spawns will simply try and knock you out even after you help them (something that happened only a few minutes before this). So guys, if you're friendly and have the opportunity to actualy socialize with other friendly people and maybe even make some friends out of it, don't be afraid, communicate and play together.

Tip: press enter sometimes, makes for an easier read than this wall of text :)

I encountered a guy once, talked to him over both voice and text chat, but he kept voice and text chatting to me "do you have a mic? can you talk?".

Sometimes direct chat just doesn't seem to work.

The next guy I encountered, on the same server & same spawn, could hear me just fine.