fart11eleven

Empty cans, no loot, no weapons, dead body flies everywher

Hi,

can anybody explain this to me ?

While going around in elector i ahve not been able to retrieve any weapon. There were only empty cans, some ammo here and there, but still no weapon at all. The city was totally empty.

Also: why can i not see dead bodies. There are fly sounds everywhere, but no dead bodies visible.

Please help, this is annoying and unplayable.

I play 1.7.1.5 + patch_93965.

Some severs do not show the patch version, is this maybe a cause ? So if i play 1.7.1.5 + patch 94103, will this cause this behaviour ?

Any help welcome.

-fart

i've experienced the phantom bodies and flies before. however, i've also come across legit bodies via fly noises, so i think it's variable. as for elektro, i never go there as it's pretty much suicide, so i can't help you there. i've had no problem finding weapons outside of major cities after a bit of searching though.

I looted pretty much the whole city of electro. Server was 25/50. City empty. No weapon at all. I was on every single place: supermarket, school, firestation, other station, houses, small houses, train stations etc etc etc, nothing. And still: i was nearly surrounded by dead fly body sounds, and none of those were visible. How can i even trust my eyes anymore. This is so annoying !!!!!!!

There seems to be very few pistols/revolvers to find. Rifles are still easy to locate though.

I looted pretty much the whole city of electro. Server was 25/50. City empty. No weapon at all. I was on every single place: supermarket' date=' school, firestation, other station, houses, small houses, train stations etc etc etc, nothing. And still: i was nearly surrounded by dead fly body sounds, and none of those were visible. How can i even trust my eyes anymore. This is so annoying !!!!!!!

[/quote']

You need to understand the game mechanics.

Just because right now, the server is at 25/50, doesn't mean it wasn't looted out earlier.

The mod/game currently memory leaks, so it may effect spawns... I know that I rarely go into those two major cities. There are much better places to loot, especially for a weapon.

I can run into a barn near any of those places, say 5 minutes run and almost always find a weapon.

The game is not unplayable. Sometimes, if something doesn't work, you have to think differently.

Aye... Anytime I encounter this I leave the area and check a rural spawn(barn/farm/town) if im still seeing just trask 99% then I go ahead and bounce servers...

I know what you mean though ive definately on more then one occasion encountered nothing but trash in a entire city... sometimes it just gets weider... last night in Stary I would say 9/16 tents had a AKM+Ammo... I was like wtf.. really come on..

What i wonder though if the 'no weapons everywhere' is just based on bad luck (probability), people already looting it (unlikely because the city was empty), or maybe a client side bug where i can not see weapons or some of this weird stuff.

The dead body flies is definitly the other thing leading up to that theory. If i can not see dead bodies, then it may also be that i do not see weapons. Could be, no ?

Hence the question, will different beta patch versions (client/server) cause such a behaviour ? Because the dead bodies not visible is definetly a nasty and annoying bug. It gets more and more annoying when you hear dead flies nearly everywhere the city, but can not see any body. It was literally around every corner i heard a dead body, but it was not visible.

I have had the same experience since the last patch. Weapons do appair from time to time, but really, really rare. Except for the hatchet.

Same problem here while in Elektro. Somehow I dropped my Marakov and was not able to find any weapon in the city, with the exception of hatchets.

Headed to the Power Plant, then Pusta. Both had no weapons. I finally found a Marakov in Mogilevka, but that was the ONLY weapon in the city.

And, don't even get me started with food. I have found 1 can of food among all those places. I have meat but yet to find matches either. Frustrating to say the least.

Weapons and food are harder to find on the coast now because everyone needs one, they will take anything/everything they find. The increase in flies is due to people not being able to handle zombie agro without having a weapon and corpses despawning, player corpses seem to despawn quicker with recent patches IMO.

EDIT: Solution, get off the coast and gear up in the barns and deerstands etc.

the fly sounds still play after a body has disappeared. whether a player has hidden the body after looting it or the body has been automatically hidden by the server after a period of time, the fly sounds still persist. it's a known bug