andreamit

Graphical Glitches on new card

I bought an ATI 7950 OC to replace my gtx470soc. I pumped the settings on very high and the game is running fine. Sometimes however I get some graphical errors. For example see the screenshots I just made (they are b&W cuz I'm at 2k blood). You can clearly see the artifacts that shouldn't be there.

My sistem is i5 760, 4gb corsair ram, Gigabyte P55ud4

I'm also adding a screenshot of my video settings, hope you can help.

Thank you.

Set Video Memory to default (very high is for 512mb vram), I was getting some glitches and low fps when I had set it to Very high.

Btw, why do you need postprocess effects? They suck and take too much fps.

I had these with my 6850. The easiest way I found to get rid of it was turning off ATOC in the ARMA2OA config, ATOC=0. Disable PP for troubleshooting when you do this. If that fixes it then you can keep bumping up the ATOC by 1 and see what level works best, from what I've read this is an ATI issue.

See: http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/arma2.cfg

thank you guys. I tried to disable the postprocess effects (in the advanced video options) and put video memory on default. I gained a lot of fps btw and the problem of those artifacts seems to be removed.

Anyway I noticed that i get that problem only when I'm on low blood and the visual is black and white and blurred. Disabling the postprocess turns the visual ok again and it's not even blurred anymore but it's sharp (I thought that the blurring was an effect of the low blood status and not a graphical issue).

I will try to open the config and turn the ATOC on 0. Shame that i can't use the post process effects tho. :(

your problem : went from nvidia to ati. i use a gtx 460 and i play this game maxxed out no problems ( i use pmc and baf for the high quality textures).

ati cards are fine, its in the drivers department they lack so much.

also this game is much more cpu dependant... i use a 1055t 6core at 4ghz so maybe thats why.

your problem : went from nvidia to ati. i use a gtx 460 and i play this game maxxed out no problems ( i use pmc and baf for the high quality textures).

ati cards are fine' date=' its in the drivers department they lack so much.

[/quote']

Ignorance is bliss, eh?

I don't think this is a problem caused by ATI drivers with Arma II, since when I'm playing a single player mission, if I turn postprocessing on "very high" I'm not having those artifacts and the game runs perfectly, while I have to disable them while i play Dayz or i get those artifacts.

I think there's some problem with ATI cards and DayZ however, maybe there's some fix to this problem?