Worth2die4

Spawning inland ?

I'm just curious about a situation my brother and I just had.

We were up to a deer stand when seeing another survivor looting it.

He didn't recognize us, so we went into the woods searching for him - and killling him after we found him.

We took his food and found a empty tent nearby, but didn't take his Enfield.

2min later, we wanted to move on, when we saw the same (!) Player running out of the wood. He surprised my brother and killed him before I could kill the other player.

So I ask myself - how could the dead other player get to that deer stand so quickly ? It's miles away from the coast!

:huh:

You can spawn in Stary Sobor, but very rarely.

hm, but he came out of the woods. practically right from where we shot him.

so we thought maybe there's a way to spawn at your former tent or something...

a shame i couldn't kill him first and save my bro :/

Is there a way to shoot someone with a AK47 (and with the text XXXXX is dead at left bottom showing up) - looting him - and he's not "really" dead?

Thought about this version, too. But I thought we'd killed him...

this is one of those exploits where they use older versions of the mod and then spawn on the spot where they died, if they quicklky alt f4 when killed. this is mentioned a lot in the report cheaters section of the forum.

But wouldn't that mean, he'd spawn immediately after being killed ?

He also had the gear again he had, when we killed him first time.

Anyway - pushes your adrenaline level up quite good that situation... ;D

But wouldn't that mean' date=' he'd spawn immediately after being killed ?

He also had the gear again he had, when we killed him first time.

Anyway - pushes your adrenaline level up quite good that situation... ;D

[/quote']

yes that is the exploit with using od file versions of the mod. i dunno how its done, but look into the cheat reporting section for more info.

The exploit comment is correct. If you close the game quickly enough while getting shot it can sometimes result in the server not saving your death, and you can log back into the game in the exact same spot with the same gear. There are multiple other threads about this same thing out there.

Good to know. So in future, never put my back on dead survivors again...

because the dead truly are rising! ;D lol

I'm just curious about a situation my brother and I just had.

We were up to a deer stand when seeing another survivor looting it.

He didn't recognize us' date=' so we went into the woods searching for him - and killling him after we found him.

We took his food and found a empty tent nearby, but didn't take his Enfield.

2min later, we wanted to move on, when we saw the same (!) Player running out of the wood. He surprised my brother and killed him before I could kill the other player.

So I ask myself - how could the dead other player get to that deer stand so quickly ? It's miles away from the coast!

:huh:

[/quote']

Was this on one of the DE (UTC-5) servers last night (Tue 26th June) at around 11pm GMT at the deer stand near Vyshnoye?

If so, that would be me and no, I'm not a hacker.

For some reason when I clicked disconnect out to the lobby and then connected again, it spawned me on top of my own corpse, with all of my loot (Enfield, ammo, food, drink, matches, compass, everything)! I then tried to loot my own corpse and noticed you had taken the compass and the matches, hadn’t noticed the food though.

Thought to myself, what a stroke of luck and decided to run east to the next closest forest in case you guys were still around, which you were, and you duly shot me lol

I respawned normally after that death though so I’m assuming it’s just a bug / glitch, however, I’ve submitted the following bug report anyway.

Date/Time: Tuesday 26th June @ 11pm GMT

What happened: I was killed by a player but when I respawned, I had all my gear that I had died with and was standing over my old corpse.

Where you were: In the forest near the deer stand north of Vyshnoye

What you were doing: I was afk helping my wife with a spreadsheet problem (school boy, I know!)

*Current installed version: 1.7.1.5

*Server(s) you were on: I think it was DE 74 but can’t be certain

*Your system specs: Dell XPS 420, Windows 7, Intel Quad Core Q6600 2.4ghz, 4gb RAM, Nvidia GeForce 8800GTX 768mb. The only other program that was running (other than Six Launcher and ARMA2) were AVG and MSI Afterburner (to monitor my GPU FPS and temperature).

*Timeline of events before/after error:

BEFORE: I spawned near Vyshnoye, looted a few buildings there and found a player corpse with matches and a compass. Headed into the woods, cooked me up some meat and then headed to check out the deer stand. After checking that out, I stop at the north side of the forest and went afk, shortly after, I got shot by a player.

BUG: When I respawned, I had everything I had before (my Enfield, all my ammo as well the matches and compass) and I was standing over my own corpse (which I looted, it was missing the matches and compass but had everything else). I then decided I was one lucky SOB so decided to leave the area asap, however, the player that had killed me, was still around and shot me again.

AFTER: When I respawned this time, I was where I expected to be (on the coast) with the correct starting gear. Perhaps it was just a glitch but thought I’d report it anyway.

Oh, and no idea who's that tent was as it wasn't mine lol

Just so we're clear, I didn't log out of game or do anything with Alt-F4. I did exactly what I normally do after dieing and I pressed escape, disconnected back to the lobby and then reconnected.

LOL :D !

Mate, we're truly sorry for shooting you on sight! We were approaching that deerstand, when we saw you looted it. After multiple deaths because of other survivors shooting in our backs, we didn't want to risk it anymore not to shoot on sight.

The second time was pure luck I'd seen you running out of the woods. First we thought you might have been a team, but when killing you the same name appeared. Which me and my brother both couldn't understand.

Just wanted to say sorry again. :]

haha not a problem at all, fully understand the shoot on sight policy. It's why this game is so good as it makes nice people do nasty things to survive :)

Just so you know, I am friendly and normally frequent those DE (UTC-5) servers or the UK 22 one if you ever want to team up.

If you'd caught me in the woods across the road from the deer stand you'd have got my fire and raw / cooked meat lol

I had literally just found those matches on another players corpse and was well chuffed as it was the first time I'd been able to do the whole fire, cooked meat and regain blood thing.

Was the first time killing on sight for me :-)

so everybody learned something - cool :)

At least you killed my brother, so i could take his m4 and leave my AK ^^

sure - i hope we'll meet again (no vengeance plz :D)