Sign in to follow this  
Spellchk

Server Rule Question

Was going over the rule PDF for the servers and I had a question about Kicking.  Also had a question on an action my clan took and wanted feedback on if it was the proper thing to do.  First the question:  When the server is full are we allowed to kick the player who joined last to make room for members of the clan?

For the second part a little story.  While playing a group of us encountered a possible hacker.  I say possible because we can not be certain.  However the consensus was that this person was hacking as people were being shot who this player could not have possibly seen and he seemed to never run out of bullets.  Now comes the tricky part.  We were not sure who this person was.  Over global we notified the population of the hacker and asked this hacker to identify himself or leave (fat chance).  With no way to check his name we began to kick people from the server and monitor who logged back on.  In this way we were, by process of elimination able to identify the hacker and permanently remove him from the server.  Was the kicking of people in this way justified?  I know actions like this can lead to people reporting a server for abuse.  I'm not concerned with that as we have a fantastic relationship with our server host.  My question is if these actions are permitted, if not by the letter of the law/rules then by its spirit?

I understand where your coming from, but you aren't allowed to kick players to make space for clan members and kicking without solid evidence is a no no also. We kicked players for racist/homophobic/rude usernames but when it comes to hackers we have our pants down until we get more weapons as a server admin.