EndOfDayZ

Band Of BrotherZ

This thread is where I hope to share the survival stories of myself and my fellow survivors, a group I like to call

the 'Band Of BrotherZ'. It consists of my two real life brothers and myself, along with a few friends. We plan on making a full blown Clan in the future.

We have had many encounters and missions so far, I will detail them in a narrative fashion as I go, I hope you enjoy reading, and keep an eye out for updates on our exploits.

Update - My older brother and I seem to have lost our gear on a server reset and both started again on the coast :( made for some interesting adventures anyway anyway.

Part One.

It had been almost a month since the outbreak now, although it felt like it had been a lifetime. A month seems like a long time to have survived amongst the chaos, but when I look at the state of Chernarus, now a shadow of the country it once was, I cannot believe it has only taken such a short time to become what it is today.

When the outbreak happened, I was with my older brother Pavel, working in the lumber mill out by Berenzino. We had lost both our parents at a young age, almost 10 years ago now. we were left to fend for ourselves, but Pavel had always made sure he kept me safe, and more importantly, we had both made a promise to protect our younger brother Ivan, who was only 8 years old at the time.

We had both taken up Jobs over the years to help make money to put Ivan through school, at least one of us would get through life not struggling like Pavel and I had. Most recently, our job at the mill had resulted in Pavel and myself moving for a few months to Berenzino, while Ivan stayed in Lopatino, our family house still stood there and it was close to school for Ivan.

The day we got news of the outbreak was pure chaos. One minute it was an ordinary day, next minute the army trucks rolled over the hills, followed by droves of people from the north and west making there way in a huge pack, headed for the Berenzino port.

The army were at their back aswell, hurrying them along, loudspeakers blasting as they went, "All citizens of Chernarus, an evacuation has been declared, please keep moving". "We are in a state of martial law". "A biological disaster has occurred".

The people were herded to the dock to be evacuated, two large ships could now be seen rounding the point to the north, much to the excitement of the awaiting crowd.

Despite the commotion the people still seemed so calm, the crowd appeared several thousand strong, they still moved in a quick and orderly fashion and seemed to remain completely civilized.

The sheer amount of evacuees was amazing, but at the same time I could tell that na large chunk of the population were missing.Even as the army hurried the many hundred residents of Berenzino from their homes and workplaces, the growing crowd still seemed too small.

I grabbed Pavel and ran to the nearest soldier. "What is this, what is happening?" I asked him.

"A state of martial law has been declared,a major biological disaster has occured to the west and we must evacuate, I don't know any details beyond that." He answered sternly.

"Lopatino! Was it evacuated too!" I shot back

"No, Lopatino will be evacuated on the next ship, for now we can only take who came in this first wave" came the reply.

My heart sank as I thought of Ivan, what was happening, was he okay, why weren't we there with him.

The soldier barked again "We need you to get on one of these ships Sir, you need to go."

"Not without our brother!" The reply flew back loudly from both mine and Pavel's mouth simultaneously.

By now the ships were docking, the ramps came down and the evacuees were hurried on board by the soldiers, arms filled with what clothing, supplies and possessions they could have grabbed as they were forced from their homes.We watched for Ivan and shouted his name but got no reply, he was not here. With the last of the passengers boarding the ship, we were ordered on board but stood our ground, we were not leaving our brother behind.

The soldier ordering us spoke to us quietly,"I understand, my family is not on the ship either, wait here and we will get you on the next ship with your brother in around six hours" With that he turned and walked back to his comrades who were now making there way onto the trucks to make their way back west to gather the other citizens of Chernarus. The last truck drove away and we were left, completely alone and in complete silence apart from the sound of the waves crashing on the nearby beach.

"And now we wait brother." Muttered Pavel as he put his arm around me, and we made our way to a nearby warehouse to sit out the next few hours.

Edited by EndOfDayZ
  • Like 1

This thread is where I hope to share the survival stories of myself and my fellow survivors, a group I like to call

the 'Band Of BrotherZ'. It consists of my two real life brothers and myself, along with a few friends. We plan on making a full blown Clan in the future.

We have had many encounters and missions so far, I will detail them in a narrative fashion as I go, I hope you enjoy reading, and keep an eye out for updates on our exploits.

Hey man! nice name! i would like to enter in the Band! but how can i trust you?

Edited by Billie_Jean

Thanks guys.

At the moment we are going to keep to ourselves and not band with strangers unless it is a random encounter or we are helping someone.

We are gearing up and stocking up on food and medical supplies to go and help new spawns for now.

Nice initiative!

I've started doing something similar over here: http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/189612-first-days-impression-from-a-game-oldtimer/

You're free to do your narrative on our server, I'd be glad to guide you to it, PM me to swap steam ID. It's usually well populated (between 7 & 30) and always available.

Could be nice to get overlapping storylines, if we cover separate portions of the map, we can encounter respawns from each others encounters... 

This may even lead to a roleplay-server, or whatever it turns into.

Big update with some serious fiction to the first post. Will finish updating in the morning.

please excuse any formatting or structuring errors as I wrote it on my phone.

Above all else, ENJOY!