Sign in to follow this  
dragatsuya

Spawn timer after server reset

This spawn timer is getting really annoying.  When the server reboots on you, and then you have to wait 5 - 10 minutes to get back in, that is just rough.

Please DayZ Dev, do something about this horrible spawn timer.

Drag.

• Like 1

Learn to use the search function man there are like a dozen threads on the same subject.

It's a 5 minute timer.  So get up from your computer and use the bathroom or get a drink.  Also you do not get a timer when on the server for 30 minutes I believe it is.

Petty complaint.

Back in my day son, Every server you joined had atleast a Twenty min wait !

First of all Gibonez, who cares how many posts there are.  If I want to post, I can.  That is what this forum is about to voice you opinions.  Second, MuchHigher, your petty complaint comment comment you can keep to your self.  As I told Gibonez, this forum is voicing opinions about the game, as it is in alpha, they need feedback.  A spawn timer of 5 - 10 minutes is not required when you enter a server for, and get kicked, or it reboots.  That is just wrong.  I am not a server hopper, or a ghoster, I like to play on high pop servers, and muttle my way to the gear that I get.  It is my opinion that if the spawn timer is going to be kept, a lot of people are going to get tired of waiting, and just not play the game anymore.

From what I read, the server hopping for loot, and ghosting was the reasoning behind the timer, and I understand and agree something had to be done.  That being said 10 minutes, that is just retarted.  Tops, 2 minutes should be levied against a player, but that being said, the game should flag that the server rebooted, or you were kicked off a server, thus nullifying the spawn timer, or at least making it the least amount that a person could get.  As a developer myself, I know that it's not as easy as it sounds, but the DayZ client has the potential for setting a flag in a INI file or regkey signifying a server restart or you were kicked was the reason for your last swap.

White Trailer Trash, I wouldn't play a game that made you wait 20 minutes or more to get in and play.

And as for bashing someone for posting on a open forum SHAME ON YOU GUYS.

Drag.

It's a 5 minute timer.  So get up from your computer and use the bathroom or get a drink.  Also you do not get a timer when on the server for 30 minutes I believe it is.

Petty complaint.

That is just wrong.

Petty complaint.

Not true at all.  The thing about this I don't get is the time penalty was put in to prevent combat logging then ghosting.  You can't ghost if you log onto the same server so remove that time restriction.  Also going from hardcore (one character) to standard (a different character) shouldn't have a time restriction.  It seems the devs have forgot why the time restriction was put in the game.

First of all Gibonez, who cares how many posts there are.  If I want to post, I can.  That is what this forum is about to voice you opinions.  Second, MuchHigher, your petty complaint comment comment you can keep to your self.  As I told Gibonez, this forum is voicing opinions about the game, as it is in alpha, they need feedback.  A spawn timer of 5 - 10 minutes is not required when you enter a server for, and get kicked, or it reboots.  That is just wrong.  I am not a server hopper, or a ghoster, I like to play on high pop servers, and muttle my way to the gear that I get.  It is my opinion that if the spawn timer is going to be kept, a lot of people are going to get tired of waiting, and just not play the game anymore.

From what I read, the server hopping for loot, and ghosting was the reasoning behind the timer, and I understand and agree something had to be done.  That being said 10 minutes, that is just retarted.  Tops, 2 minutes should be levied against a player, but that being said, the game should flag that the server rebooted, or you were kicked off a server, thus nullifying the spawn timer, or at least making it the least amount that a person could get.  As a developer myself, I know that it's not as easy as it sounds, but the DayZ client has the potential for setting a flag in a INI file or regkey signifying a server restart or you were kicked was the reason for your last swap.

White Trailer Trash, I wouldn't play a game that made you wait 20 minutes or more to get in and play.

And as for bashing someone for posting on a open forum SHAME ON YOU GUYS.

Drag.

The issue is not so much that you posted, it's more that, as was said, there are already countless posts about the same thing, each additional thread on the same subject adds to additional server load and clutters up the forum with new threads for the same issues and can potentially end up missing newer issues that aren't already being discussed.

That being said, there's still no reason to be bashed for it, and at the same time, bashing back accomplishes nothing but incensing the same people who are already incensed enough to bash you for posting. 

No-one is saying "Don't Post", all they are saying is "reply to an already active thread about the same issue, rather than creating a brand new thread about it!

The issue is not so much that you posted, it's more that, as was said, there are already countless posts about the same thing, each additional thread on the same subject adds to additional server load and clutters up the forum with new threads for the same issues and can potentially end up missing newer issues that aren't already being discussed.

That being said, there's still no reason to be bashed for it, and at the same time, bashing back accomplishes nothing but incensing the same people who are already incensed enough to bash you for posting. 

No-one is saying "Don't Post", all they are saying is "reply to an already active thread about the same issue, rather than creating a brand new thread about it!

While your right, the other side of the coin is many forums will bash you for adding to an old post (resurrecting it as it's called) so honestly you can't win on the forums someone will always complain.