Alright, clear on the AKM now, thanks folks. And yes, a Skorpion would be great instead of the PDW. In total agreement with keeping weapons simple and functional per existing ArmA guns and reducing the super sniper items. Let me have a chance to scrounge and hunt some zombies with a shovel and AK or some such thing. :)

I vote too for removal of western weapons. There's no place for them in eastern country. Plus bring G36C FFS!

And the G36 isn't a western weapon?:dodgy:

I vote too for removal of western weapons. There's no place for them in eastern country. Plus bring G36C FFS!

The weapon was designed in Germany so anyway it has more chances to make its way somehow into ex-Soviet country than M16 for example, which are in abundance ATM. And it should be some type of a rare gun.

I'm so sick of seeing the Double barrel shotgun.. actually I am sick of seeing 2rnd ammo, 1886 ammo is so rare now =/

The weapon was designed in Germany so anyway it has more chances to make its way somehow into ex-Soviet country than M16 for example' date=' which are in abundance ATM. And it should be some type of a rare gun.

[/quote']

I think it's just your preferred video game gun and you want it implemented just because. Even though it makes just as little sense as the AR variants. Somehow, magically high end HK assault rifles are just going to appear in a post-soviet state. Makes as much sense as the other high tier guns which don't make any sense.

Best gun in the game should be an AK74 Kobra, put in a bunch of older basic guns to give it more flavor and have ammo cut down by 90%

If you want to get in firefights with these sweet guns, go play ArmA.

I personally like variation so I'm not going to sit here and complain how there are too many guns that were not manufactured in Russia. I honestly don't even take into account I'm supposed to be there when playing because all the skins look American, seeing they have a popular black water/Pmc look to them.

Ammo scarcity would not be a problem if guns were fed by caliber instead of particular mags/clips. 9mm, 45 should just be in boxes to be used for any gun that uses them. But I'm not sure if the game would allow it since arma didn't.

Games like l4d didn't hold my attention long because there was a limited arsenal. Just my .02. I know many of you beg to differ.

I personally like variation so I'm not going to sit here and complain how there are too many guns that were not manufactured in Russia. I honestly don't even take into account I'm supposed to be there when playing because all the skins look American' date=' seeing they have a popular black water/Pmc look to them.

Ammo scarcity would not be a problem if guns were fed by caliber instead of particular mags/clips. 9mm, 45 should just be in boxes to be used for any gun that uses them. But I'm not sure if the game would allow it since arma didn't.

Games like l4d didn't hold my attention long because there was a limited arsenal. Just my .02. I know many of you beg to differ.

[/quote']

I'm the same way man. I love finding loot and when I run out of things to find that are shiny, I get bored.

Less high tech weapons and more "rustic" weapons. Advanced military equipment does not fit the mood of the game. I'd be fine to see nvg gone too

What i'd like to see' date=' in order to be more friendly to the lore, is a reduction in US silliness like the M107, replaced by Russian alternatives like the KSVK, and allow all of those other RUssian weapons that are already in he game but not the mod, such as the VSS Vintorez for example. They would then add more RUssian and eastern weapons that use similar ammo types.

Get rid of the PDW, enable the Skorpion (already in Arma 2).

No need for an MP5 either, AKSU and SD version does the job fine.

[/quote']

I have to agree with this. I was kinda surprised how many eastern weapons did Rocket blocked out of DayZ. Skorpion, Vz 58, Vintorez, Mosin Nagant instead of Lee Enfield, silenced Aksu and many more....

Also why not wearable eastern camo? British is fine,but wouldnt Russian or such make more sense?

Implementation of ACE would be a great addition, it would add tons of guns as well. Not to mention there would be a TAC-50 :)

Also the addition challenge ACE brings to the game is awesome, although the entirety of ACE should not be implemented certain aspects of it should.

There are a lot of cool weapons like G36 that are not implented. Although I see no reason why they are not in the game

The only other weapon I'd like to see is a Compound Bow. That would be much more useful than the crappy Crossbow we have now. Also have the ammo in Quivers of like 5-10 arrows each with about half of the refire time of the Crossbow. This would put it more in line with other weapons (Magazines).

I do love all of the people who want grenade, mortar and missile launchers. Why don't you just ask Rocket for an "I Win!!!" button while your at it?

Implementation of ACE would be a great addition' date=' it would add tons of guns as well. Not to mention there would be a TAC-50 :)

Also the addition challenge ACE brings to the game is awesome, although the entirety of ACE should not be implemented certain aspects of it should.

[/quote']

Yes.

Stamina.

Item weight.

Rucksack capacity not slots.

Ability to lock a Rucksack (while alive).

Gun resting.

Vehicle towing.

ACE sounds pack.

Ability to have 1 prime weapon on back 1 prime in hands and still put another in your back pack. (admittedly you could probably only ever walk anywhere).

Ability to throw grenades using different styles of throw.

And much more ive probably forgot about....

Add the warfare system for placing objects while where at it :@)

I'm all for more Russian civilian or surplus guns. And a crossbow with sights :D

I see too many western military guns around. Firefights between people with crappier guns would involve way more maneuvering around for better positions.

Implementation of ACE would be a great addition' date=' it would add tons of guns as well. Not to mention there would be a TAC-50 :)

[/quote']

Agreed entirely!!

You should go play ArmA where you would actually have a need for that gun.

Or must we really relegate Day Z to the same Gucci Gun Grind that is the world of popular shooters?

I'd rather see more rustic weaponry. Mosin Nagant needs to be modded in for sure.

That is the perfect gun for DayZ. Ammo is plentiful' date=' it's silenced so killing Zed's is easy, M203 for touchy situations when you don't want to go around a corner because you know someone is there - what's wrong with it? And I just referenced that weapon. If you go to that website, there are plenty of other great weapons of all types including many Russian weapons that I am surprised have not been implemented.

[/quote']

And what are you going to do with that 203? Noob tube them when they come around? Yeah this is still ArmA, your rounds don't work that way. 203 is useless in Day Z.

You wont say that when you are on a night op. and all of a sudden your 10 man patrol spots a flare in the distance, that almost as quick as you see it.. fades. and your 203 gunner loads in a flare and fires it. its ALOT different to the regular flares.

never underestimate that!