So I have been looking at the weapons list on Armaholic and there are LOADS of weapons not in the game. Has anyone heard about more weapons being released? Personally, I am salivating over the M4A1/HOLO/M203/SD hardcore!

I have a M4A1 right now, so you can def. get that one currently.

You should go play ArmA where you would actually have a need for that gun.

Or must we really relegate Day Z to the same Gucci Gun Grind that is the world of popular shooters?

I'd rather see more rustic weaponry. Mosin Nagant needs to be modded in for sure.

Or must we really relegate Day Z to the same Gucci Gun Grind that is the world of popular shooters?

I'd rather see more rustic weaponry. Mosin Nagant needs to be modded in for sure.

That is the perfect gun for DayZ. Ammo is plentiful, it's silenced so killing Zed's is easy, M203 for touchy situations when you don't want to go around a corner because you know someone is there - what's wrong with it? And I just referenced that weapon. If you go to that website, there are plenty of other great weapons of all types including many Russian weapons that I am surprised have not been implemented.

Go play black ops where you have a need for that gun. :D

Anyways, I would love to see more of those and others created by the mod developers.

Definably feel that in a Z day apocalypse people would be using any gun they could get their hands on. Rocket already put in the double barreled shot gun +realism, but don't neglect the amount of people in the US alone who own military grade weaponry. Civilians can own plenty of high end guns modified to be semi auto and with a little firing pin and action know-how can easily turn them back into full auto rifles.

I hope for the best of both worlds, High end military gear to grandpa's old 12 gauge to my little brothers .22 rifle.

That is the perfect gun for DayZ. Ammo is plentiful' date=' it's silenced so killing Zed's is easy, M203 for touchy situations when you don't want to go around a corner because you know someone is there - what's wrong with it? And I just referenced that weapon. If you go to that website, there are plenty of other great weapons of all types including many Russian weapons that I am surprised have not been implemented.

[/quote']

And what are you going to do with that 203? Noob tube them when they come around? Yeah this is still ArmA, your rounds don't work that way. 203 is useless in Day Z.

I know there are AKMs and AK74s but are there AK47s? I'd like to see those as a surplus item that you wouldn't get at airfields and military bases, but that might turn up in cities. How about more surplus like the old G3s from H&K? An SKS? A small caliber revolver? Things from the 60s and 70s, maybe the early 80s would give that post apocalyptic feel to the weapons but still make them interesting for fighting zombies and fending off players.

And we do need a high capacity .22 pistol and rifle. Plink plink plink!

I dunno, they all do the same thing after a point. Good for epeen, but would make no difference at all to the game.

People owning military-grade weaponry in the US is kind of a mute point when the zombie apocalypse is supposedly taking place in a country formerly part of the USSR?

Despite my general dislike for the Russian weapon style, there's already an extreme overabundance of western weapons in the game.

The AKM is the AK47. The original AK 47 was kinda crappy. AKM just stands for modernized AK............ and by modern I mean 1950s.

The AK47 is not the most produced assualt rifle in history, the AKM is.

weapons I would like to see added:

m79 grenade launcher

molotovs/more uses for jerry cans and fuel in general

P90 because the 50 round magazine would be awesome to have. Maybe some interchangibility between primary/secondary for smgs.

I would also like to see the crossbow get its remake.

I know there are AKMs and AK74s but are there AK47s? I'd like to see those as a surplus item that you wouldn't get at airfields and military bases' date=' but that might turn up in cities. How about more surplus like the old G3s from H&K? An SKS? A small caliber revolver? Things from the 60s and 70s, maybe the early 80s would give that post apocalyptic feel to the weapons but still make them interesting for fighting zombies and fending off players.

And we do need a high capacity .22 pistol and rifle. Plink plink plink!

[/quote']

AKM's are the modern AK47's. There are so many different guns in the world we could list them on and on, humans are pretty good at killing one another. This being set in Russia though, i would expect some coldwar surplus Kalashnikovs to be in every house : /

I dunno' date=' they all do the same thing after a point. Good for epeen, but would make no difference at all to the game.

[/quote']

QFT

People owning military-grade weaponry in the US is kind of a mute point when the zombie apocalypse is supposedly taking place in a country formerly part of the USSR?

Despite my general dislike for the Russian weapon style' date=' there's already an extreme overabundance of western weapons in the game.

[/quote']

Very true, i would love to see more of an Asian gun influence, maybe bring South Koreans

Daewoo assault rifles: xk11_2.jpg

Japans Type 89: howa_t89.jpg

250px-AK-2012.png

250px-Bastard_hud.png

250px-AK.png

250px-VSK-94.png

So basically these cold war stuff then? :P I think it would fit in the RUS/CZ feel of DayZ

We need less weapons,...they should be common like a Car,...more meele less range weapons,... ; )

We need less weapons' date='...they should be common like a Car,...more meele less range weapons,... ; )

[/quote']

Maybe make functioning bayonets :blush:

We need less weapons' date='...they should be common like a Car,...more meele less range weapons,... ; )

[/quote']

Maybe make functioning bayonets :blush:

oh,..Bayonets : D Good thinking! I :heart: Bayonets,..!

aahh,..Good old days with my Mauser K98 ^^

But,...really,...Lees range weapons less PvP Game would be hard,...players would help each other and just dont shooting each other,..mostly >_>

on Sunday someone trys to kill me with an axe,...he runs behind me like 5 min,...then after he didtn answer me ich killed him with my Mk48 -_-

poor Guy

I am salivating over the M4A1/HOLO/M203/SD hardcore!

See, if you took those fucking things out, you'd solve the whole 'sniper-arsehole (aka 'bandit') problem'.

"Theres a problem with camping in DayZ" some of you say, and then ask for more uber PVP sniper rifles. :rolleyes:

Stop trying to have cons for 'bandits' and just bin the way overpowered guns.

wtf' date=' you cant even get that gun in game derpa, herpa, derp, derp.

[/quote']

You can get it in the game, just not the mod.

What is important to remember is that there are many weapons in the game ArmA 2 that are blocked out of the mod. Some of them make sense, others not - weapons NEED to be limited otherwise it becomes impossible to find ammo, unless they increase loot spots that is.

What i'd like to see, in order to be more friendly to the lore, is a reduction in US silliness like the M107, replaced by Russian alternatives like the KSVK, and allow all of those other RUssian weapons that are already in he game but not the mod, such as the VSS Vintorez for example. They would then add more RUssian and eastern weapons that use similar ammo types.

Get rid of the PDW, enable the Skorpion (already in Arma 2).

Because of it's proximity to other European nations, enable things like the G36 etc. this saves on developing time, as the models are already in game, all they have to do is enable them. No need for an MP5 either, AKSU and SD version does the job fine.

That is the perfect gun for DayZ. Ammo is plentiful' date=' it's silenced so killing Zed's is easy, M203 for touchy situations when you don't want to go around a corner because you know someone is there - what's wrong with it? And I just referenced that weapon. If you go to that website, there are plenty of other great weapons of all types including many Russian weapons that I am surprised have not been implemented.

[/quote']

And what are you going to do with that 203? Noob tube them when they come around? Yeah this is still ArmA, your rounds don't work that way. 203 is useless in Day Z.

That's pretty spot on. I was with a guy who had an M16 M203. He turned on me while we were in a barn. I was on the bottom, he was up top. He fired it right down next to me and it barely did anything.

The smoke grenades from the m203 seem to be more effective at distracting zombies than normal smokes. Zombies were running right up to my friend after he fired the rifle. He then fired a smoke grenade fairly close to his feet and the zombies broke off from chasing him and went after the bouncing smoke grenade till it came to a halt. They then just stood around it.