javapapo

Suggest list of 'no-hacking' allowed Dayz (Standalone) Servers? [newb]

Hello, greetings to all. Me and my friends, we have been joining/playing the Alpha version of Dayz a couple of months now. Its pretty exciting and fun. One of the most frustrating things latetly is the 'explosion' of either 'hacked' servers or people abusing hacks on several servers and just destroying the game experience.

We dont mind get killed or start over, if other player(s) are just better, well organized or just for the fun it, he/she decide to give a fight and win. What is really annoying is to bump into players, admins etc, throw your bullets or have the advantage and suddenly, you get the you are 'dead' message.

I am not talking about lag, or other technical glitches of the alpha version, i am talking about game script hacking or servers that are abused by their admins.

As newbies, we of course can not know upfront which one to pick, we have selecte 1-2 and started playing.

So the real question.

Does the community has any list of proposed servers? In the game filter we have the 'Battle Eye' enabled switch to on, but this does not guarantee that the server we are going to 'join' is being adminstered properly (meaning do not scr** the gaming experience).

Any tips or help?

Many many thanks

I think just joining less populated servers will save you from hackers.

With this you should try out hardcore, the people are usually a bit friendlier, and PVP is harder and more realistic when it does come along.

• Like 1

Hello, greetings to all. Me and my friends, we have been joining/playing the Alpha version of Dayz a couple of months now. Its pretty exciting and fun. One of the most frustrating things latetly is the 'explosion' of either 'hacked' servers or people abusing hacks on several servers and just destroying the game experience.

We dont mind get killed or start over, if other player(s) are just better, well organized or just for the fun it, he/she decide to give a fight and win. What is really annoying is to bump into players, admins etc, throw your bullets or have the advantage and suddenly, you get the you are 'dead' message.

I am not talking about lag, or other technical glitches of the alpha version, i am talking about game script hacking or servers that are abused by their admins.

As newbies, we of course can not know upfront which one to pick, we have selecte 1-2 and started playing.

So the real question.

Does the community has any list of proposed servers? In the game filter we have the 'Battle Eye' enabled switch to on, but this does not guarantee that the server we are going to 'join' is being adminstered properly (meaning do not scr** the gaming experience).

Any tips or help?

Many many thanks

What are you asking for?

Just because you say "no hacking" doesn't actually stop people.

From what I have known of the internet and children, the first thing that would happen if you used those words in a server name is every hacker that could would come and exploit your server just to defy you.

There is no easy solution at the moment.

• Like 2

What are you asking for?

Just because you say "no hacking" doesn't actually stop people.

From what I have known of the internet and children, the first thing that would happen if you used those words in a server name is every hacker that could would come and exploit your server just to defy you.

There is no easy solution at the moment.

Yes That.

sadly, is nothing that can be done.

I for whatever reason have not had a problem

with asshats, Yet.I know there there atm.

Just have not shot at me.(Yet)

Thanks for the replies. As far as i can read it's the game current architecture that you can change the 'client' state through scripting, whithout the server prohibiting you to do so. Anyway it is really very annoying...

Thanks for the replies. As far as i can read it's the game current architecture that you can change the 'client' state through scripting, whithout the server prohibiting you to do so. Anyway it is really very annoying...

I have seen zero evidence of this. I have not seen any hacking to date.

I have seen plenty of glitching though but that deals more with exploiting badly coded terrain and buildings more than anything.

I cannot speak to the topic you broached here.

Do you have some proof that the server is currenly allowing this action? If you are right it seems that battleeye would see a difference in the expected script and eventually ban the users client that was dissimilar? Or is it that blind that it does not?

Well it's only empirical evidence, we have been playing to a couple of servers for a long time, in several close encounters with players (that we had noted down on usernames . and managed to speak to theam out of the mic). our characters were suddenly killed, firing weapons to other characters - in close combat did not seem to harm them ...etc .

As far I can say see, searching through various reddit threads and posts in othe forums, server misuse and 'scripting' is still doable. Anyway i thought that it was kind of something that could be controlled by a server admin, but maybe the alpha state of the game still 'has; lots of open doors.

if you have any suggestion for a server name out of the public list that you could suggest plz free, right now we randomnly try to play...

well i have had alright games on a few servers...recently i have played on Chaos server and French rp server, basically i just search for ones with the x next to time, speeded up time is nice, and join in the middle of the night

Also good are Musty servers

Edited by AgentNe0