Sign in to follow this  
TheSushi

Finding Guns / Mags Partially Loaded

I did a brief search and found this issue was touched upon but didn't see a thread dedicated to the idea, so, please inform me if there is a proper thread to post in.

[Guns should usually spawn with mags and a few rounds]

Guns should spawn with mags a majority of the time. Ammo randomly in the weapon would also make sense, from a full mag rarely to just a few rounds. I mean, even if ALL the guns spawn with fully loaded mags and ammo, the fact is a good chunk will be found empty because just like a real disaster, people would probably take what they need (compatible mags and ammo) and leave what they don't need behind (extra guns.)

But I'm not suggesting that. Just a high chance of finding a mag with the gun. Maybe a mag or two around the gun where it makes sense (police departments, military spawns for example.)

It seems unnecessary to force a search for a magazine every time a gun is found, and its unrealistic. Most people who use or own guns will have magazines with them. There are exceptions, like military rifles stored away from their magazines, but if anything the M4 is one of the easier guns to find mags for. It's sometimes very difficult to find the one specific magazine for your one specific gun. Sometimes you find a bunch, sometimes you don't.

Like, it's not a crippling balance issue obviously but it's unrealistic and not particularly convinient. In the second screenshot, I had found a suppressed Ruger, the Blaser, and an engraved 1911. But not a single mag or snaploader, and just one stack of ammo for the two handguns, which I was hard-pressed to use against multiple zombies single-loading. The funny thing is I had 30 shotgun shells and quite a bit of 5.56, but sometimes it works out that way. Just my thoughts on that.

[Mags should have their spawn ammo amount randomized]

A good chunk of complaints regarding military spawn are probably due to the fact mags spawn fully loaded. In a single run up to the airfields, I had two full cans of 5.56 in my inventory as well as countless rifle magazines. If I hadn't found them all completely loaded, I would have found more like 100~ plus whatever was found within the magazines. Which seems far more reasonable.

Anyway, those are my thoughts. What do you guys think?

post-51404-0-54340700-1398427931_thumb.j

post-51404-0-88805900-1398428177_thumb.j

• Like 3

I actually agree. It's kind of weird to have a gun and know that you will likely not find a magazine until muuuuch later.
I understand it is a balancing feature of some kind, but a little more realism would be cool here.
It's hard enough to find a gun, magazine and ammunition already.

Although it has been suggested already it would be nice to have a gun magazine spawn 1-3M away from a gun, as if it has been dropped

• Like 1

Although it has been suggested already it would be nice to have a gun magazine spawn 1-3M away from a gun, as if it has been dropped

Yeah, I understand it might pose spawning issues but it would be better than the alternative - which is currently finding many guns uselessly.