Sign in to follow this  
l2vanquish@gmail.com

Spawn Mechanic - No Damage for X Seconds?

Hello fellow survivors!

I have a question. Two nights, ago, I happened upon a guy who had a DMR. I had recently picked up a gillie suit and had everything else I could ever want in the game - except a good sniper rifle - so of course, I killed him. Awesome!!! Now that I had everything, I figured I would run back to Cherno, find a good a spot and pick off unsuspecting noobs and pros alike until eventually someone killed me so I could start the saga all over. I climbed up the tallest building in Cherno but by that time, it was late and at my job, I'm in the office by 7AM so I needed sleep. I laid down on the top and logged off.

Last night, I was excited to get home so I could try out my trusty new DMR by picking off the little nooblets. I logged into my regular server only to find a guy with his back to me looking over the edge shooting at people with an MP5SD - from the top of a 200m building. Idiot. So, I decide to warm up my new piece by unloaded, literally, 10 ROUNDS into this guys back from about 5 feet away. After 10 rounds, I stopped. Stunned. The guy proceeds to turn around, slowly, look at my for about three seconds and then puts one round between my eyes and I die.

So, I'd love to rage, but I would make an ass of myself. Instead, I'll ask this - Is there a game mechanic that makes someone who spawns in unable to inflict damage for X amount of seconds or until you move or something? That is the only way I can explain this unless the guy had some invincibility hack activated. I literally pumped 10 DMR rounds into his center mass from 5 feet away and nothing happened.

I would love to hear your thoughts.

Nah you failed to hit him or Lag , Next time go for ur secondary weapon to shoot =] I kill many spawners in barracks :p

so u needed to log out there and then cos you needed sleep. a tall tale.

those who dont log out in neutral areas (wilderness) deserve what they get.

in answer to your actual question, I have no idea, i log out in the woods.

so u needed to log out there and then cos you needed sleep. a tall tale.

those who dont log out in neutral areas (wilderness) deserve what they get.

in answer to your actual question' date=' I have no idea, i log out in the woods.

[/quote']

How, exactly, is that a tall tale? I've never seen anyone up there so I assumed it was safe. Obviously I was wrong but just because I assumed incorrectly doesn't mean it is a 'tall tale'/lie.

log out in the wilderness, definatley not in buildings. it is everywhere on the forums. isn't it even mentioned 'officially'?