Sign in to follow this  
TranquilityEden

Why is everyone an A$$hole when playing dayz?

It just ruins the game for me. Yesterday after god knows how much running i made it to the big airfield on what was called a "friendly server". I make it half way across the runway, miles from anything or anyone and bang I am dead. grrrrr

1. There are plenty of closer military spawns than NWAF. No one is in Balota/Zeleno these days and there are several large military sites within 10 minutes of each other. (Balota tents, Balota airbase, Zeleno base, forest base)

2. The NWAF is pretty much a KOS zone. Don't play careless there like running openly across the runway.

Why spend 3 hours to finally get some half decent kit when some a$$hole is gonna take it all just because they are better kitted out.

It is a survival game in a zombie apocalypse, more to the point there is no end game nor objectives. You must be more careful - once kitted out you might catch the KoS virus yourself, its all part of the game.

Now for some advice, stay off the big NE towns and off the coast right after spawning. Get a drink in the may streams and pond slightly off the coast and head inland where you can organize yourself a nice looting path via smaller, non populated villages/towns.

Also, until you have a primary weapon and some ammo plus some decent clothes/headgear DO NOT go near Military. There are plenty of Police station in small towns that are often left unlooted where you can gear up.

Ideally try and play with someone else.

Edited by zeroy99

Actually, you couldn't be more wrong. There's nothing to say that DayZ is ONLY a PVP game. The core elements would suggest it is the other way around.

But yes, PVP is a huge aspect of the game, that shouldn't be removed. But there should be more benefits for being a good guy. Since at the moment, the only benefits are for the murderers and badits.

I'm not saying DayZ is _only_ a PVP game, I'm saying the _core_ of DayZ gameplay is PVP, slight differance.

You gear up to fight people, you build a base to defend against people, to store loot so it can't be stolen by people, you get vehicles to drive around the map with some protection from people. Zombies don't pose a threat in any of these statements. Even as a fresh spawn your at a greater risk of being shot by a player then dieing to a zombie. Zombies are a after thought, the side dish, the flavoring, nothing more. Non of us look at the airport and factor in zombies when you think about risks, you think about hostile players.

People are the real threat in DayZ, not the zombies, not the enviroment, not hunger or thirst, people...

Edited by Massacre
  • Like 1

Seen my thread here? http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/187923-whats-the-problem-with-zombies/

I think its the way it is because that's what we are like! and DayZ is an incredibly immersive game!

It beats COD down pat because it forces a "cost" to survival, such as all the effort you have to put in, thus its realistic and the apocalypse will create giant douchebags of all of us :-)

I would say there are a few reasons.

1) For teh lolz

2) "Better safe than sorry" mentality

3) Have been killed so many times that they start killing on sight

4) Too shy to be an ass IRL so is an ass online

5) Is an ass IRL and online

6) Wants your loot

Reasons number 2 and 6 I find valid as a reason to KOS though I don't do it myself. I like to be nice and help people but will fire if fired upon and I just find it too boring and easy to kill everyone I see without at least trying to interact in a friendly way.

I do find the large amount of KOS to be rather annoying though. It should be in the game because it is part of the paranoia and fear in DayZ but the level at which it happens is ridiculous. 

2 and maybe 6. So far my face to face interactions have been positive. I have been sniped a few times as a fresh spawn. Generally that doesn't bother me much as my new spawn location was an improvement though. Not everyone is an ass though...

Was looting

Faced some guy

Started to stabb him with SKS bayonet

He raised hands

Told Friendly

I stopped

Fixed him with rags

Injected saline

Told GL HF GG, sorry.

•Runned on street

Saw some dude fighted zombies

Killed Zombies

Fixed him with rags

Injected saline

gave food

gave some rags

told GL HF GG, bye

•Was looting

saw some dude

killed him on sight

•Runned thrue the city

See dude run on me

He Told hi and bye

I was going to ask if he have cooking pot(tried to cook potato)

He kept running 

I continued my journey

•Practiced with snipering

killed one bambi

killed some dude who came bahind me with shotgun

wounded 2 random citizens

then some dude came behind, i am lucky to spot him first,

told him hi

gave him some items i did not needed(mosin,weapon cleaning kit etc.)

server restart

•Join server

Unconsciously

someone swapped my axe with some shit

i waked up

missed almost everything from shotgun and mosin(because runend like hell from his axe, and shooted from 3d person)

died

•joined server

found some dude was standing probably afk

shoted him(we was on airfield)

•Runned on street

see dude on ground

checked pulse - he had some

Woke him with difibrilator

gave food

injected saline

showed where is water

gave bandages