Sign in to follow this  
redwardragon

General Ideas for DayZ Standalone

MAP

-Make Chernarus bigger to expand the world. 25km x 25km map with 441km2 of land (21km x 21km). Or make it

huge when vehicles are added ingame

-Make Cherno, Electro, and other major cities bigger and have it to look more like an urban environment instead of

majority suburbs. Major Cities need more apartments instead of houses and have other areas in cities to make

them more urban

-Add interactive destruction physics to buildings but not entirely change the map

-Create new maps instead of Chernarus. Include: Namalsk, Taviana, Lingor, Thirsk, Takistan, Al Fallujah, Pantera.

-Create servers with each map individually and have servers with all maps 

-Make all maps visitable with vehicles in servers with all maps combined

GROUPS/FACTIONS

-Create a way to make groups/factions while at server room

-Create random spawn points around the map unless players create a group/faction. In this case make players in

a group/faction spawn together

ZOMBIES

-Make A LOT MORE ZOMBIES and have sometimes massive wondering hordes

-Make the zombies a more bigger threat than other players

-When a player dies the body of the player will become a zombie after a certain amount of time

-Players' zombie bodies are lootable

-Zombies cant go through walls

-Zombies rely on mainly hearing and sight to guide theme

-Fix zombie specs when zombies respawn

PLAYERS

-Fresh spawns will spawn with random condition (hungry, thirsty, etc).

-Fresh spawns will spawn with random starting items

-More character customization including: race, gender, starting shirt, etc

-Create 12 slots on top corner, above items in inventory section for: Headgear, Facewear, Shirt, Vest, Pants, Shoes,

Primary Weapon, Secondary Weapon, Sidearm/Heavy Weapon, Melee Weapon, Gloves, and Holsters (arrow quivers,

pistol holster) 

WEAPONS

-Add much more old, inprovised, and modern weapons.

-Create 4 weapon slots instead of 3 weapon slots: Primary, Secondary, Sidearm/Heavy Weapon, Melee

-PRIMARY: Any firearm

-SECONDARY: Any firearm

-SIDEARM/HEAVY WEAPON: Any pistol and any heavy weapon (RPG, Rocket launcher,Mines, Crossbow, Bow)

-MELEE: Any weapon used in hand-to-hand combat

-Create new area to hold weapons when not in hands

-PRIMARY: Strapped across chest (like in the military)

-SECONDARY: Strapped behind left shoulder (Current DayZ primary weapon slot)

-SIDEARM/ HEAVY WEAPON: Sidearms held in vests and holsters or anywhere with room. Heavy weapon strapped

diagonally on the back in front of any carried objects on the back (backpacks)

-MELEE: Strapped behind right shoulder (normal melee weapon slot)

-WEAPON RESTRICTIONS: CANT CARRY 2 HEAVY WEAPONS OR MELEE WEAPONS. IF CARRY HEAVY WEAPON

AS PRIMARY WEAPON SLOT OR SIDEARM/ HEAVY WEAPON SLOT, HEAVY WEAPON IS STRAPPED DIAGONALLY

ON THE BACK IN FRONT OF ANY OBJECTS (BACKPACKS). IF CARRY HEAVY WEAPON AS SECONDARY WEAPON  SLOT, IT IS  STRAPPED BEHIND RIGHT SHOULDER LIKE ALL SECONDARY WEAPONS. NO MORE THAN 4 WEAPONS CAN BE USED AT ONE  TIME

-Much more weapon attachments, camos, sights

-Have extremely rare weapon crates with all attachments, camos, and sights with a 3D interactive window when weapon  crate is in  use. (Kinda like BF4 multiplayer weapon customization screen)

BUILDING

-Add building mechanics to barricade walls and windows and build buildings and shelters.

-Include: Military Camo nets, Sandbags, Tank Traps, Walls, Stairs, Doors, etc

-Add harvestable trees to create building supplies. (planks)

MORE IDEAS COMING SOON

Edited by redwardragon

Check out the Suggestions forum and the Rezzed 2014 footage of Rocket's presentation! Most of this is in either one of them somewhere. 

I can't even imagine holding/needing that many weapons.

You want 4 weapons to be slotable, then you get a 5th in your hand? okay then add 2 or 3 more in your backpack? yeah nobody needs that many weapons.

I have an SKS in hands

M4 on back

Fireaxe

Revolver and Sawed off in my backpack. I don't need another slot for a gun

If they add RPGs im done.

zachgibson22,

There is still the problem of dropping the weapon doing anything instead of using the weapon, including climbing the stairs, switching weapons, and eating. I'll add the fact of only 4 weapons could be used at 1 time.

I don't wanna be that guy...but the Zombies section is a bit hard to read.

Perhaps make it white?

I like most of your ideas btw.

Edited by 99ytrewq911