eclipx

What are this orange dots?

Currently i'm playing at a Regular server, i have a GPS and a map but i never seen this orange dots.. what is it?

2rdu8og.jpg

Not 100% sure but I think it is because you looked at zombies, and then it register on your map, this happened to me but a survivor, it said survivor on the map but I doubted it, and I moved on and got shot by him, lol

AFAIK it is a left over from ARMA II. The orange dots were meant to represent civilians. I think the orange dots in Day Z represent zeds.

Zombie. This happens on easy difficult servers.

once you reveal the position of a zombie/animal/survivor/(not sure)vehicule it will save the position where you last saw it/him/her. But if they change position without you looking at them, then the map will show you past information.

Like the image says: it's a man. It's orange because you haven't recognized it yet as a friend nor enemy. Red dot would be an identified enemy.

There's a slightly faded dot right next to it, which means you've seen someone there earlier but not right now.

It's a standard arma feature on lower difficulty settings.

Everybody should familiarize themselves with vanilla arma a bit before playing dayz. Everything would be much easier then.

Only arma sucks so much, I wouldnt play it even if you payed me to do it.