leo235

engine question

Imo the coolest ideas in the suggestion forum all have to do with players leaving persistent stuff on the server (mines, dead players become zombies, generators, longer cooking times...)

Is that easily done for the engine and the servers?

would this game break if everyone placed 3 tents right now?

the arma engine can easily support 200 players on one server.. and it will be done as soon as the Day Z code is ready.

Persistent stuff is already implemented, like Tents and Vehicles. Mines are possible too. I think you can do a lot of things with the Arma Engine, but highly complex things of course are too much

And remembering around 3 objects per player is no problem?

Thats awesome.

the arma engine can easily support 200 players on one server.. and it will be done as soon as the Day Z code is ready.

Persistent stuff is already implemented' date=' like Tents and Vehicles. Mines are possible too. I think you can do a lot of things with the Arma Engine, but highly complex things of course are too much

[/quote']

I think its 200 players IF there was no zombies or other AI, as far as I saw as soon as you put AI in game the server start to use a lot of CPU and after 50 players requirements get sky high.

p.s. I could be wrong / hopefully we could have server with 200 players on it :)