Sign in to follow this  
liquidsnake

Why KoS is the way to go in certain cases

Today I experienced something that shows the good side of KoS. It all started 2 days ago, when I spawned in Three Valleys, south of Solnichniy. I was stoked about finally spawning close(ish) to Elektro and leaving that KoS cesspit in Berezino behind me. I went inland and looted all the little towns on my way to Elektro. I ended up with a Mosin and a crossbow. Elektro seemed unlooted and I entered the police station. I always make sure I know what's happening in my surroundings so I spotted a semi-fresh spawn strolling into the offices as I gazed out from the top of the police station. I normally don't mind other playersin the same town and avoid them, but nevertheless I decided I should kill him, considering he'd probably go the same road as I was planning: Elektro-Cherno-Balota. He would become competition for the loot and I wasn't fond of that. He climbed the stairs to the top of the offices. The perfect kill, I thought. I aimed carefully and fired my Mosin. To my great dismay I saw the bullet land somewhere else. That damn cone of fire of course. He swiflty made his way down from the ladder (in the process, I missed another shot which should've been on target). He got away and I decided to leave Elektro and meet him in Cherno, since he seemed to have vanished from under the sun.

I had two primaries at that point, so halfway there I spotted him behind me, not knowing of my presence. I wasn't in a good shooting position, so I stalked him. I figured he'd loot the barn and meet his end there, by my hand. However, he ran considerably faster than I did, due to having one primary and I lost him. He would've still been in my sight if he went to the barn, which was my plan, but he went straight for Cherno. I decided to skip Cherno and loot Balota, so all the good stuff would be mine while he was looting Cherno. I was pleased to find Balota unlooted and all to myself (and that in a server with 40 players). I left Balota content, with my brand new engraved 1911 and some other stuff.

I looted the town and made my way to the barn. I had dropped my Mosin by then, because I was only carrying it to kill the guy, I was planning to make my way up to Zelenogorsk and RP being a survivor with a measly .22 rifle. I was going to survive as long as possible instead of going PvP. As I said, I try to be as aware of my surroundings as possible, so I spotted someone standing at the top of the barn while moving inside. He clearly was expecting me and got a hit on me. I already had my 1911 sights on him and recklessly fired the entire clip at him while making my way to cover. The suppression worked and he missed and went for cover. I peeked around the corner to find the very same guy I shot at in Elektro. I knew something like this was bound to happen if he lived. He made his way down and I managed to shoot him in the chest with my 1911. He had his SKS on me as well so I didn't dare go for a second shot. He responded to this by fleeing outside. I wasn't sure if he was bleeding so I waited it out and left the barn for Zelenogorsk when I didn't hear anything for the next 10-15 minutes. 

I finally made my way to Zelenogorsk and hoped the guy was still in Balota, since there's more loot there of course. I found Zelenogorsk unlooted as well and went nuts with all the loot. Still only had my crossbow, 1911 and Amphibia. I proceeded to loot the garages behind the Police Station and that stupid glitch which incessantly unequips my 1911 or any handgun started acting up. I made my way into the house with the small corridor, with my crossbow out as my only option. It's one of those low loot houses so I didn't bother clearing it as I normally do. Yet, there he sits. The same damn guy, expecting me with his SKS out. In that little room alongside the corridor. I knew I was a goner and tried to aim for the head with my crossbow (only way to kill him), but as soon as the crosshair met with his head, I already had a 7.62 in my guts and fell to the floor. The same guy...

This is why sometimes, KoS is the way to go. In the end, you might end up killed by the very guy you had in your sights a day ago. If you know he's gonna go the same route as you are, put one in his head. 
GG to the guy who killed me.

Edited by The End.
  • Like 3

I refuse to read that wall of text. Please format your post a bit better.

• Like 1

Or maybe he was friendly, saw what you looked like earlier when you attacked him, recognised you as a hostile that previously tried to kill him and knew he had to kill you this time

So basically you made him kill you but setting up a chain of events that told him this guy is hostile and keeps finding me so I had better kill him

Edited by Regulator Lone Warrior

I haven't read your post, but I'm pretty sure no one is disputing that KoS is useful in some select instances. Just as it sometimes  used in a real-life conflict or fire-fight.

Edited by Hopix

Yes, if you want to be a selfish prat and take all the loot then KoS is the way to go.

Or maybe he was friendly, saw what you looked like earlier when you attacked him, recognised you as a hostile that previously tried to kill him and knew he had to kill you this time

So basically you made him kill you but setting up a chain of events that told him this guy is hostile and keeps finding me so I had better kill him

Exactly

What goes around comes around. The whole story kind of contradicts with your point, it looks like you ended up being dead because you decided to kill this guy. Probably would've ended much better if you decided to talk instead of picking the easy way.

To all the people not reading it because it's too long; come on, don't act like babies. It's a good story, suck it up and read it; if you don't wanna do that, don't post here. :/

• Like 1

To all the people not reading it because it's too long; come on, don't act like babies. It's a good story, suck it up and read it; if you don't wanna do that, don't post here. :/

I'm sure it's a riveting tale and I don't mind reading it however it's really sore on the eyes when it's like that.

Congrats on the first post - welcome to the forums. Have some beans.

He never saw before I entered the barn, where he opened fire first.

@ref it's not so much having all the loot for myself as continuously having some guy in the neighbourhood who's bound to run into me and perhaps shoot me. Being together in one town is no problem for me. I just avoid players then. But when I know some guy's gonna be dangerously close throughout my trip from elektro to zelenogorsk, he'll have to die.

@Kimo Some of the paragraphs stuck together after I posted. I seperated them now, hope it makes for a better read

Edited by The End.
  • Like 1

Or maybe when you originally missed twice with the Mosin from what must have been within 100m, and yet still blamed it on the inaccuracy of the weapon you should have:

* Looted every weapon spawn until you found both a 357 and at least 1 magnum round

* Kurt Cobain'd yourself

• Like 2

He never saw before I entered the barn, where he opened fire first.

@ref it's not so much having all the loot for myself as continuously having some guy in the neighbourhood who's bound to run into me and perhaps shoot me. Being together in one town is no problem for me. I just avoid players then. But when I know some guy's gonna be dangerously close throughout my trip from elektro to zelenogorsk, he'll have to die.

@Kimo Some of the paragraphs stuck together after I posted. I seperated them now, hope it makes for a better read

I would have tied him up or something :)

Or maybe when you originally missed twice with the Mosin from what must have been within 100m, and yet still blamed it on the inaccuracy of the weapon you should have:

* Looted every weapon spawn until you found both a 357 and at least 1 magnum round

* Kurt Cobain'd yourself

Shotgun*  :D

• Like 1