Sign in to follow this  
colbykid

Viewdistance?

How can I see another player if they stay 1000m from me? What configure?

Edited by ColByKid

You're welcome man. I had the same problem and I was about to give up the game but then... I set it to normal and now I'm a sniper ^^

• Like 2

I played about with my distances to get better fps, now trees on hills and buildings don't render correctly.  Looks like dogshit, even though I changed em back to original values :(

I played about with my distances to get better fps, now trees on hills and buildings don't render correctly.  Looks like dogshit, even though I changed em back to original values :(

Maybe try just choosing a preset value, then changing everything you want back to the way you had it? 

Maybe try just choosing a preset value, then changing everything you want back to the way you had it? 

tried everything other than a complete reinstall.

tried everything other than a complete reinstall.

That's weird. Do you play in Windowed or Full screen?

I had set Object quality to 'Very low' and after I read this, set it to 'Normal'

Dang, it had a bad impact on my FPS. I have no numbers but the game ran smoothly for me but now it stutters even in woodland.

I had set Object quality to 'Very low' and after I read this, set it to 'Normal'

Dang, it had a bad impact on my FPS. I have no numbers but the game ran smoothly for me but now it stutters even in woodland.

Sorry to hear it but setting to Normal is a solution for this problem. I am playing on a fairly old PC myself but I haven't noticed any changes. My other graphic settings ingame are all on low, shadows are disabled aswell as the sky. 

• Like 1

All you have to do is to set Object Details on Normal. After doing so the players models should be fully visible at any distance

Objects - NORMAL

http://cloud-3.steampowered.com/ugc/705112066290200812/2F1ADF8FE9C120D585D436C626116B4B67036C87/

I don't get it... how is this a good thing?

You should NOT be able to see a player hiding in the bushes from 1000m. Isn't this cheating. Isn't this what we all don't want?

I am genuinely confused :(

Edited by codestargod

I don't get it... how is this a good thing?

You should NOT be able to see a player hiding in the bushes from 1000m. Isn't this cheating. Isn't this what we all don't want?

I am genuinely confused :(

Ok let me explain it to you.

If the Object Details is set to LOW/VERY LOW, the other players models will be almost invisible at 300+ meters. You will only see a helmet and the weapon. The whole body of the players will be invisible. Setting Object Details on NORMAL fully renders the players models at any distance.  So the next time you are zooming in with an LRS, you will see the whole player if you spot one. But if it's set to low, you will only see a weapon and a helmet! Ofcourse you will not be able to see a player behind a wall/tree/bush if he doesn't show himself.

Ok let me explain it to you.

If the Object Details is set to LOW/VERY LOW, the other players models will be almost invisible at 300+ meters. You will only see a helmet and the weapon. The whole body of the players will be invisible. Setting Object Details on NORMAL fully renders the players models at any distance.  So the next time you are zooming in with an LRS, you will see the whole player if you spot one. But if it's set to low, you will only see a weapon and a helmet! Ofcourse you will not be able to see a player behind a wall/tree/bush if he doesn't show himself.

so is there a way that this can be fixed without people exploiting it to cheat?

What this means is that without a scope, I can also see a person lying own in grass at a distance.

so is there a way that this can be fixed without people exploiting it to cheat?

What this means is that without a scope, I can also see a person lying own in grass at a distance.

What are you even talking about?! Wake up