Sign in to follow this  
potducky@gmail.com

Strange Command, run randomly?

Hi there.

Basically a friend of mine was banned from a server after this command was found in the logs. They had no idea what it was or what it did.

I am 100% certain my friend was not using anything he shouldn't have been and multiple people have run this same command in the server.

Could anyone tell me what this means?

Or confirm that this is not a Hack so that I can pass this on to the server's admins.

Thanks in advanced:

if (isnil 'BIS_GITA_fnc_createMarkers' || false) then {

BIS_GITA_fnc_createMarkers

Edit: Just a bit more info. This happened after installing latest beta. And as far as we can tell either on spawn or less than 10 minutes after spawn. Unable to recreate it.

He created a marker, correct?

That can be used in hacks e.g. map scripts, he may of done something else before hand to this ban but I may be wrong and it could be some stupid admin...

It's some form of marker yes but not the usual kind. It's not used to show player mark position on map or anything along those lines. Once again it was run randomly without any intervention from himself, And he has not installed anything apart from the beta patch and DayZ

Could anyone tell me what this means?

It's some form of marker yes but not the usual kind. It's not used to show player mark position on map or anything along those lines. Once again it was run randomly without any intervention from himself

I smell so MUCH LYING HERE, this just doesn't make any sense. At first, you have no idea and ask. Then, you provide more information than was ever given to you and this information is quite specific.

if (isnil 'BIS_GITA_fnc_createMarkers' || false) then {

BIS_GITA_fnc_createMarkers

This code is really weird, even did some java experiment, but it seems i was right in the first place.

Basic if-statement:

if (x==true) then

in this case:

if (x==not existing or false==true) then

Note: isnil should be something like isNULL and seems to be a function where an instance is checked for existance.

Right, false!=true, so this function is just strange/bad. So as far as i can say: if an instance of createMarkers was not initialized yet, it is, otherwise nothing happens.

Still don't know what BIS_GITA is. fnc is an abrev. of function. Although createMarkers is obviously a function, but good function and variable names are always of use.

I don't know what to say really other than the fact that i'm not at all lying. The extra info is from talking to the servers owners and with their contacts. We've been actively trying to pinpoint where this came from as, as I said, it has been found coming from multiple players.

Using google I found a few things.

1. Someone else was interested in the command. Their is a paste bin 4 days ago with the exact same thing.

2. Within the syntax is GITA. Is something to do with the arma 2 oa town generator. See here on the wiki: http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Town_Generator

I'd like to ask any server hosters here to check their logs for the command, so i can pinpoint whether it just specific to this server or whether its a global thing. Thanks

Just a quick edit: Exact function is mentioned in this thread: Doesn't really state what it does: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?107215-Ambient-Civilian-Module-Not-Working