Edited by Burlap9
removed

No. This tends to happen when more than about six or so chemlights and/or flares are close by. Its an engine glitch really, not something that would require some creative flumuxing to rescript and something that the dayz admins can fix quickly.

Edited by Burlap9
removed

Whoops. I meant "something that would require some creative flumuxing to rescript and not something that the dayz admins can fix quickly."

Yeah its a limitation of arma 2. I'm not entirely sure how you'd go about changing or fixing it, but I'd bet something to do with dynamic lighting..

Edited by Burlap9

I have a bug where sometimes if i light a second chemlight while close to another the second will not give off any light.

If i pick up the one not giving off light and throw it somewhere else sometimes it will light up.

It's not my graphics card as this bug only happens occasionally. + My graphics card is pretty good.

No. This tends to happen when more than about six or so chemlights and/or flares are close by. Its an engine glitch really' date=' not something that would require some creative flumuxing to rescript and something that the dayz admins can fix quickly.

[/quote']

Actually, it's an optimization, the engine limits the amount of dynamic lights if it has performance problems (which is guaranteed on such a crappy graphics card).

Time for a new graphic card. That's almost certainly the issue.

Its something that seems to happen regardless of hardware. I get it on my GTX 570, both the guys get it on their GTX 560 and 580. Hardly a hardware limitation.

Its an issue either with the engine or the DayZ code. Happens mostly when you throw a flare/chemlight while holding one. I also think under certain conditions a player can 'steal' a chemlight or flare from another player, which has lead to some hilarious situations when playing in my group and trying to distribute chemlights before a raid.

Bump this, if you throw a few chemlights and you pick one, the others won't light, and if another players took em, yours disappear.

There's a problem with em.