Sign in to follow this  
Thirdthorpe

Long term crafting projects.

So I know player housing has been a popular topic (I still want my shipping container house!) and I had a thought the other day. Items that could conceivably be made by hand like a bow and arrows, reloading ammo, cooking/preserving food could be done by the player while they are logged out in a house with the required materials.

For example, lets say a player has a house some place and thinks it would be a good idea to make a bow or stock up on arrows. They could go scavenge the raw materials (wood from specific trees, broken glass for simple arrowheads, broadheads that could be found at random, string, feathers from birds) and deposit those materials in their house and elect to begin crafting while logged out. Once a player is logged out the server would mark the date and time and then mark the date and time that the player logs in next time. Each item would have a certain amount of time required to craft. Lets say you want a bow; a bow takes roughly 12 hours of solid crafting to make so the game would take the amount of time you were logged out and supply a fraction of that time towards the progress on a bow.

Same concept for all items as long as you have the required materials stored in your home someplace. Rare bullet loading stations could be found and used to reload spent bullets. A good weapon cleani g kit could be used to bring the quality of your weapons back up to 95% of their potential. Meat could be dried to prevent it from spoiling. Fruits could be canned and preserved. Ect ect.