Sign in to follow this  
izodn

People don't take the game so seriously sometimes

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nDNI8p5eQhg

^ Perfect example of how some people can't take the game as seriously as it should. Ruining someone's hard-earned progress can be easy, doesn't mean it should be done. I've felt the heart-jumping moment when you come across a survivor who you don't know if friendly or not. I've had the need to kill someone to survive, but I've been killed as an unarmed survivor many more times than any of those moments.

The DayZ dev team should allow servers to be Bandit-Allowed, or Survivor-Only. I really think this should be a main priority. This way, people who in real life would team up with others, would team up with people who would do the same. Me personally, I'd like to play on bandit-allowed servers if the Direct chat was extend a few. But I'd start in a survivor server to scavenge what I need.

My thoughts on this were spawned when I approached a man -- whom I'd been watching for sometime now -- unarmed. He promptly shot me in the face with his 3 friends. For what, gear (I've none), for ammo (nope), what about food (again new character). Yeah I'm new at this game, yeah this angers me, and yeah I'm not pro. I love the game, and I finally have a character who's had some progress. I do care if he dies, but at least I'm armed, and have a reason to be killed.

Your thoughts?

I'm not against banditry at all; it makes the game what it is. But that video was just horrific, the combination of that music and the boring as fuck kills. Good lord.

Banditry is not a bad thing and making survivor-only servers would be dumb because literally everybody would use the survivor-only servers to gear up, including bandits.

But yeah, it is at the point where it needs to be toned down somehow. Just no one has come up with a reasonable way yet.

Wow... There are so many games out there right now if you just want to run around and kill other players. These games that's the main focus of the entire game. Death matches, TDM, whatever.

I can understand that killing other people is part of this game, but the people who only play this game to kill other players are missing so much of the fun there is to be had when playing with a group of friends.

I'm lucky in that I have about 7 others I can play with, and we can use vent to communicate. But now since there is no global chat, and maybe it's also just a combination of more people coming to the server, but everyone has turned to "shoot the guy first, ask questions later" mode.

Sucks, because I am sure there could be some great times to be had if some of these random strangers were to meet up, both restrain from killing each other, and work as a team.

I agree that the video was horrible.

I don't like the idea of survivor only servers since the threat of bandits adds an element to the game that makes you super cautious and weary of others. If you took that away the game would lose some of its charm.

lol @ all you fucking care bears.

let people play how they want and stop trying to make this mod cater to your ignorance or lack of skill.

This game would suck if there were no bandits. I'm willing to bet more than half the player base would not play if PvP was not implemented in the game :/

Now I didn't say take out Banditism. I just said seperate. If there were 2 master servers one CD key could be home to 2 characters. A survivor/bandit in a survivor/bandit world. And a character in a survivor world. To all the haters: Do you really think you could kill any person while they look at you in the face, unarmed, and asking for help? Do you think you're capable of that. Maybe in a zombie apocalypse, but to have that as your goal, come on. Also I'm pretty good at the game, really nicely stocked as well. My skill has nothing to do with my opinions. I've seen too many people drive into Elektro with ATV and Trucks just to mass murder civilians with hatchets. If you don't think there should be a split, that's fine. But this is suppose to be a realistic zombie mod of a realistic military simulator. Play it as such. If YOU wouldn't in real life, you SHOULDN'T in game. I wish there were more servers with realism players.

For what' date=' gear (I've none), for ammo (nope), what about food (again new character).

[/quote']

How should they know? You are potential prey with stuff hidden in you backpack, might have put your gun away or might just be scouting them out.

I've seen too many people drive into Elektro with ATV and Trucks just to mass murder civilians with hatchets.

I am not convinced about that being unrealistic. Apocalypse' date=' war, mass murder ... kinda goes hand in hand for me.

Did you see this picture?

[img']http://blog.amnestyusa.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/child-soldier-with-gun-and-teddy-bear-small.jpg

Not entirely proving my point ... but it's a strange world there outside ... with rules that don't fit in your living room.

I would imagine a PVE server would get boring real fast. Unless alot more systems are added to the game or zombies made more dangerous and maybe walk accross the map in big groups then I don't see overly much future in a PVE server.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nDNI8p5eQhg

^ Perfect example of how some people can't take the game as seriously as it should. Ruining someone's hard-earned progress can be easy' date=' doesn't mean it should be done. I've felt the heart-jumping moment when you come across a survivor who you don't know if friendly or not. I've had the need to kill someone to survive, but I've been killed as an unarmed survivor many more times than any of those moments.

The DayZ dev team should allow servers to be Bandit-Allowed, or Survivor-Only. I really think this should be a main priority. This way, people who in real life would team up with others, would team up with people who would do the same. Me personally, I'd like to play on bandit-allowed servers if the Direct chat was extend a few. But I'd start in a survivor server to scavenge what I need.

My thoughts on this were spawned when I approached a man -- whom I'd been watching for sometime now -- unarmed. He promptly shot me in the face with his 3 friends. For what, gear (I've none), for ammo (nope), what about food (again new character). Yeah I'm new at this game, yeah this angers me, and yeah I'm not pro. I love the game, and I finally have a character who's had some progress. I do care if he dies, but at least I'm armed, and have a reason to be killed.

Your thoughts?

[/quote']

thats a sandbox, if you think you need to play the game seriously, fine, thats your pov. There is no "should" ,you have your own opinion about how to play seriously or not the game, and thats all. Having such restrictions about "bandits allowed" and shit like that show how far you are from the concept in itself.

keyboard warriors are killing the game for me. Several hours getting stuff by scavenging around only to have some dickhead appear out of nowhere andshoot me. LAst night I was running with some american lads, really good fun it was but after a few hours the server kept spwanign back to a supermakerket every few minutes when I had not even died! Just kept sucking me back there...odd.

When I finally caught up with my team we were chatting and then I got shot by some pointless oxygen thief.

yours sincerely

carebear

But I'd start in a survivor server to scavenge what I need.

So now groups just have a "survivor" account that scavenges all the shit they need and you've completely broken the entire game.

People who play like this will get bored of the game quickly and move on. People who want pve only would always demand more "content" and will get bored if the devs don't provide.

You know the number of CoD players looking at how many kids are crying because of no starting weapon. Now if those guys (they aren't even new players!) are crying because they have to spend like 20 "additional" minutes to find a weapon, you can imagine what they are doing: continuos PvP and respawning, like any other FPS out there.

This simple modification maybe didn't reduced the number of kills overall, but at least it helped to get rid of those dumb players!

Again, options. Most of you like to kill players for no obvious reason. That's fine with me, as long as it's not me. I like to be given a fair chance. With all the PKing I've been uncomfortable giving other players chances... Would I give a newbie a pistol, hell no, because your community trained them to shoot on sight. It's a survival game, not CoD.

I want survival servers, and you can use your realism servers, I'm sure I will too. But just because there's a survival only server does NOT mean you PVPers have to participate. It may just be for the people who want a good experience. I want to be able to give a person a blood transfusion and an assault rifle without having to keep eyes on him 24/7. You may like it, I don't. I want to be comfortable and feel safe around players. Any player can easily take out a survivor who has 40+ hours of in-game time with a hatchet. This is WRONG. At that point, I'd want to die by Zed, or face to face battle over a can of beans. What you people are doing is ruining a community of people who want to take it seriously. If there was a survival server, and a realism server, you can still play the way you do, with more of a challenge probably. But until they're separated, your bandit types have all the fun, and I don't want to convert. If a game is intended to be this realistic, I'll play it as I would in real life. And again I'd like to add, I'm not noob, carebare, kiddy, or whatever insult you may conjure up. I'm an adult player who would like to play with other adults looking for a real survival experience. If you can't accept the fact that bandits are ruining SOME of the communities experiences, you need to open your eyes.

Again' date=' options. Most of you like to kill players for no obvious reason. That's fine with me, as long as it's not me. I like to be given a fair chance. With all the PKing I've been uncomfortable giving other players chances... Would I give a newbie a pistol, hell no, because your community trained them to shoot on sight. It's a survival game, not CoD.

I want survival servers, and you can use your realism servers, I'm sure I will too. But just because there's a survival only server does NOT mean you PVPers have to participate. It may just be for the people who want a good experience. I want to be able to give a person a blood transfusion and an assault rifle without having to keep eyes on him 24/7. You may like it, I don't. I want to be comfortable and feel safe around players. Any player can easily take out a survivor who has 40+ hours of in-game time with a hatchet. This is WRONG. At that point, I'd want to die by Zed, or face to face battle over a can of beans. What you people are doing is ruining a community of people who want to take it seriously. If there was a survival server, and a realism server, you can still play the way you do, with more of a challenge probably. But until they're separated, your bandit types have all the fun, and I don't want to convert. If a game is intended to be this realistic, I'll play it as I would in real life. And again I'd like to add, I'm not noob, carebare, kiddy, or whatever insult you may conjure up. I'm an adult player who would like to play with other adults looking for a real survival experience. If you can't accept the fact that bandits are ruining SOME of the communities experiences, you need to open your eyes.

[/quote']

man, you completly fail to understand the word survive it seems. How do you want to have a nice survival experience without all the dangers? what you want is survive against AI. Bandits are not ruining some communities experiences. They are part of it, they are part of the game ,totally.

Would you play resident evil without zombies? how can you consider playing dayz without players+ zombies ? again, i don't want to offense you, but it seems thats absolutly not the game you are looking for. Because full loot and open pvp mean exactly what we have now.

You want to survive, so adapt, manage, hide, or maybe you preafer a soft survival experience, were dangers are only AI.

wanna take this seriously ? play with what you have , zombies, players, food system. Don't EXCLUDE dangers from your experience. Or yes, no matter your age, you can be 50 years olds, you are looking for a more casual experience. Nothing more

edit : and like SeptusCap said ,the way you are comparing game with real life give me herpes

If YOU wouldn't in real life' date=' you SHOULDN'T in game. I wish there were more servers with realism players.

[/quote']

Since when do you have to roleplay the exact type of person you are IRL?

You can cite any # of atrocities in the world where society collapsed and people essentially killed for sport or hatred, and a zombie apocalypse is above and beyond any of that.

Just because I'm not a pirate IRL doesn't mean I can't roleplay one in an MMO, and should instead be a craftsman like most gamers are IRL.