Sign in to follow this  
Sonho

sniper with silencer?

Oi lads,

so i was watching a stream on twitch where a guy had a Sniper with a silencer and i just wanted to know where you could get one? im not totaly sure if it was a sniper but it did have a scope and silencer and looks badass <3

Also, where can you find nightvision? been checking military tents and barracks all over the place now!

Thanks alot

-Sonho

If you have been looking through "barracks all over the place", then you have been looking in the wrong spot. The only two high level military spawns are the two barracks in the NW airfield.

http://dayzdb.com/map

Silenced weapons exist, I don't think their is a silenced sniper rifle.

Silenced weapons exist' date=' I don't think their is a silenced sniper rifle.

[/quote']

what about a Bizon or somthing like that with a scope? does it exist? D:

Silenced weapons exist' date=' I don't think their is a silenced sniper rifle.

[/quote']

what about a Bizon or somthing like that with a scope? does it exist? D:

This, it's not a sniper rifle though.

http://dayzwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=M4A1_Camo_SD

I've only ever found these on people, or at the Barracks near the firestation at NW Airfield.

There are a few FN SCAR H (7.62) rifles with silencer and scope modelled in ARMA. However, the VSS Vintorez is the only truly suppressed marksman rifle. It uses a Russian 9mm subsonic round and therefore only effective up to 400m.

Wouldn't be a too overpowered addition to dayZ.

arma2weapons_Vintorez.jpg

Silenced weapons exist however in the scope of this mod u will never find silenced sniper...the key point behind a silenced weapon is that the bullets are low velocity so as to not break the sound barrier and as such avoid creating a sonic boom and also have a suppressor to deal with the expanding gasses. as u might gather a low velocity bullet for a sniper is a pretty useless idea unless they are engaging within a close range.

thats my 2 cents :D

Do we really need silenced weapons in DayZ?

I don't think so. They are such a huge advantage, it makes the game almost too easy.

So please stop asking for more silenced weapons. This is a zombie survival game, not a military shooter.

I remember when I lost my silenced M4. xD

Almost took a break from playing at that point.

i found a bison in a crashed heli, but only 1 magazine. And since i never found any bisons mags in 2 months except this one, i just shot the 64 bullets and droped it.

i found a bison in a crashed heli' date=' but only 1 magazine. And since i never found any bisons mags in 2 months except this one, i just shot the 64 bullets and droped it.

[/quote']

Knowing that the mag will refill at each login would have saved you.. too late now. :)

(yes it's a bug.. but i consider it necessary since these mags are nowhere while stanag sd are pretty easy to find; i hope we'll have the makarov mags [9x18] "conversion" soon)