Sign in to follow this  
dakaa

So, what am I doing wrong?

Please point out my mistake,

ATTEMPT #1

- Ran all the way from Kamenka to Cherno for better loots

- By the time I got there, dehydrated (before even moving up to North)

- Spotted by one sonic zombie, gave up and stop running, tried zig zag, uphill, downhill, none worked.

- dead

TRY #2

-ill keep you guys updated

Next time you spawn near Kamenka, go north right away there is a lot of deer stand and they have great loot, military, food. Not so though to spot and the 2-3 zombies around them are too easy to avoid. Then go to cherno it will be easier.

Next time you spawn near Kamenka' date=' go north right away there is a lot of deer stand and they have great loot, military, food. Not so though to spot and the 2-3 zombies around them are too easy to avoid. Then go to cherno it will be easier.

[/quote']

yes sir!

What dumbass told you to go to Cherno? Cherno is where newbies go to die and bandits go to lulz.

You spawned? GO NORTH!

You spawned next to Cherno? GO NORTH!

Hell, you don't have to go to the NWAF... but just get away from the god damn coast. You'll have a much easier time negotiating zombies and players alike.

I can make it to Pustoshka/Vybor on the rations you start out with, so that is not an issue.

If you've got no weapon, or even if you do, crawl around zombies. Hell, just stay away from zombies in general. Fewer zombies = fewer players = fewer deaths.

When you have to go into a town for food/water/weapons/whatever, do your business and GET THE FUCK OUT! Don't linger and try to find better loot.

I've done that many a time, I've gotten greedy in the Stary Sobor tents, stayed there to see if I missed anything that spawned... and have been killed every single time I get greedy.

http://dayzdb.com/map#4.029.125

Take a look at that map. Click Industrial to turn that off because you won't need a car or anything for a while.

As BLKMMB mentioned, take a look at all of those deer stands to the north of Kamenka. Deer stands and barns are best (Farm/Military). That's what you want. If you were going to run to Cherno, you could have stopped near the Balota Airstrip first. Looks like there are also some deer stands around there as well.

Basically when you spawn, look for the nearest deer stand or barn and run there. If I spawned near the big cities Cherno or Elektro, I personally go inside because I pretty much don't have anything to lose and gtfo as soon as possible. I go back when I need to stock up on some morphine or blood bags. Lower broken leg probability next patch thank goodness!

When I spawn I do what has been suggested, I hit up deer stands to get a easy gun. You just have to be quick and silent. There may be only 3 or so zeds at a tree stand but being trapped up there with no weapon is a death sentence.

Once I get a weapon with some ammo from a deer stand I head to barns to gather food, water and some extra bandages.

Once I get my gun and some extra food and water I head to cherno or electro whichever is closer and get myself geared up. Priority in my order is bigger backpack, more primary weapon ammo, map, compass, hunting knife, hatchet, matches, toolbox, water bottles, extra pistol ammo, medical supplies, canned food, canned drinks.

When I’m in the big cities you have to assume that everyone is a hostile Russian waiting to bring down as many people as he can for lulz and you have to be ready to shoot first if it comes to it. I hit up all the good spots like the supermarket, church, fire stations, office buildings , pubs first as they are more dangerous. Patience is key to surviving in the city. Listen out for gun shots, try to avoid running in open areas. If you have to shoot move quickly away from the area you shot as bandits will come quickly.

If you get the drop on somebody you can direct speak/chat them and see if they are going to play it cool or not. Best to just avoid them and be stealthy but if you don’t have much to lose then making friends could be a big pay off if successful.

I don’t usually contact people unless it looks like they are in trouble, bleeding running or out of ammo, or if they are no threat, like if they don’t have a weapon.

When I get fully geared the more I avoid contact with people as I don’t want to have to start over again… I make my way to the hospital and get medical supplies and exit the city and head north where it’s easier to survive, just make sure you are geared up well.

http://dayzdb.com/map#4.029.125

Take a look at that map.

Thats a pretty sweet map there.

Cherno and Elektro is the best place to start out for loot, period.

First off you need to acquire morphine, if you engage zombies without you might as well be dead.

Second, you can easily be in and out without ever being seen and have a full pack of loot in less than 20mins.

If you can do this at the start, especially since you have NOTHING TO LOSE, you will be better of in the long run.

Plus its a ton of fun, I love starting a new character cuz I get to go mess around in the big cities again for no consequence.

Before you run off into Cherno/Elektor for medicals at least grab an axe from about any industrial or farm building, maybe a can of soda from a residential.